Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago
Posted September 19, 2018
You have a sunny, helpful nature. You’re happiest on the move, ever alert to what needs doing. Talking with people from all over energizes you. And with a passion to please, you thoughtfully offer guests helpful tips while lending a hand, opening doors, and whisking away luggage. You handle each vehicle like it’s your own, double-checking locks and windows before returning promptly to cheerfully greet the next guest. You know the property and surrounding area by heart, quickly becoming a trusted source for guests. You take great care and pride in your work, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Then, Interstate’s Doorman Valet position may be a great way for you to earn your potential.
As Doorman Valet, you will
- Provide the hotel’s pivotal first impression, setting the tone for the guest experience.
- Extend a genuinely friendly welcome to arriving guests. Help with doors and luggage, guiding guests to the front desk, assisting guests to their rooms, and offering tips about the property and room amenities.
- Respond helpfully to guest questions about the property, getting around and nearby happenings.
- Carefully and efficiently park, secure and retrieve vehicles.
- Pitch in. Help guests with special requests, room deliveries, and transportation arrangements when the need arises. Perform check-in and out calls involving luggage handling. Tidy the lobby and public areas when you see something out of place, reporting any repair or maintenance needs.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with prior customer service experience helpful. The ability to communicate effectively and graciously in English is essential. You must possess a valid Drivers License as required by the State and an excellent driving record, verified by Motor Vehicle Administration report. A Commercial Driver's License may be required. This position requires continuous movement, full mobility, frequently lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing or pulling a luggage cart up to 200 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago
257 Room Hotel
Visitors can explore our favorite city and its vibrant neighborhoods with ease from our central location, just steps from many of Chicago’s transportation hubs. Premium amenities will make guests feel welcome at our pet-friendly hotel, such as a 24-hour fitness center and 2,500 sq. ft. of event space. The options are endless when travelers stay in the middle of the action at Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago.
What Our Guests Love:
- View from the top: Handcrafted cocktails, seasonal small plate dining, and a panoramic city views at AIRE
- Rooms that feel like home: Spacious accommodations designed with clean lines and lots of natural light
- Historic design: Furnished with swanky, contemporary art-deco fixtures dating back to 1927
- Prime location: Close to top corporate offices and must sees, like Millennium Park and the Magnificent Mile
- Innovative French fare: Upscale French favorites and a gourmet grab-and-go bakery at Cochon Volant