Posted May 15, 2018 R-142236
You are helpful and organized by nature, you have the gift of persuasion and you want to learn everything there is to know about sales. Perfect! As Administrative Assistant, you would be well positioned to learn the ins and outs of sales, while supporting a talented and driven Interstate team.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will
- Use your excellent organization skills and helpful nature to keep the sales department running smoothly, enabling the team to focus fully on booking new business and beating sales goals.
- Be the department’s communications hub, ensuring the flow of messages and info within the department and externally between hotel departments, customers and vendors.
- Help the department stay on track to reach targets by inputting data and maintaining spreadsheets to generate reports. Using your eye for detail and passion for order, maintain meticulous records for later reference and reporting.
- Welcome callers and visitors graciously in a professional manner and handle requests promptly.
A high school degree or equivalent education is required, with a college degree helpful. Clear, effective verbal and written English communication skills are essential. This position requires excellent organization skills and attention to detail. The ability to operate a telephone, computer, and various software is expected, with Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge helpful. A general understanding of sales operations is also helpful.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1617 Southeast 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Telephone (954) 626-1700
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Houseperson - On Call
- Bell staff flexible shifts
- Catering Sales Manager
- Engineer (entry level) Flexible shifts weekend availability
- Events Manager
- Food Runner (Flexible shifts)
- Housekeeping Supervisor (Flex shifts/Weekends)
- Housekeeping Supervisor (flexible shifts w/weekends)
- Sales Administrative Assistant - Part Time
- Sales and Marketing Intern - Part Time
- Sales Manager
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
236 Room Hotel
View a virtual tour of our hotel.
Our Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port hotel near Port Everglades is perfectly situated in the heart of Fort Lauderdale’s Vibrant 17th Street Cruise District. We are located at the entrance to Port Everglades and the Broward County Convention Center, 5 minutes from Fort Lauderdale Beach, downtown Fort Lauderdale and Las Olas Blvd. Hop on the Water Taxi, we’re steps from the stop. If arriving by plane, we’re only 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) and while renting a car is easy, the Sun Trolley is a unique way to get around. Our newly renovated lobby, restaurants and guest rooms provide a contemporary coastal feel. Guests can relax under swaying palm trees, catch a nap in a pool-side cabana, or sip cocktails under the Fort Lauderdale sun. Whether starting or ending the day, our culinary team will awaken the senses. Guests an sip locally roasted coffee at Calusa Coffee Bar, treat themselves to a locally-inspired meal at Bistro 17, or enjoy craft cocktails & local beers at R Lounge.