Posted May 15, 2018 R-140433
The Training & Talent Development Intern supports the Talent Development Team in the effective administration of various new and existing departmental programs to help execute on the strategic talent goals of the company.
The Training & Talent Development Intern will assist with various enterprise-wide talent and training programs including: “What’s Your Story” initiative, , Succession Planning, Career Pathing Compliance Training and other Training Programs.
The Training & Talent Development Intern will have extensive contact with various stakeholders including corporate and property level leadership teams and associates as well as current and potential vendors. The position will collaborate on and help support high profile, company-wide programs and have regular communications with company leadership, so a focus on professionalism, tact and self-awareness is required.
The position requires strong attention to detail, tracking skills, follow-up and execution on tactics related to project plans and the ability to focus on multiple projects and deliverables at once. This individual must demonstrate proactive, timely and effective verbal and written communication skills with all stakeholders.
Company-wide Talent programs:
- Collaborate on and assist in the creation and launch of of What’s Your Story, a company-wide internal career development initiative
- Assist with the Annual Associate Engagement Survey process.
- Collaborate on company career pathing/succession planning and GM onboarding project.
- Assist with coordinating field and corporate trainings; this may include: scheduling, event logistics, preparing training materials, follow up with hotels and attendees, creating post event training surveys.
- Help to develop supporting instructional materials for trainings, ensuring they are effective and aligned with department strategy.
- On occasion, schedule, host and facilitate virtual training programs for HR and other departments.
- Assist with support and administration of Talent Management systems to include: compliance training system, associate engagement system, company ticket system, GoTo meeting and GoTo webinar.
- Maintain, add and delete user accounts.
- Monitor company ticket system; assist end users and escalate issues when needed.
Perform special projects and other ad hoc responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s Degree program with a focus in Hospitality or Human Resources
- Junior or Senior level in Bachelor’s degree program
- Customer Service experience required
- Experience in creative writing through a blog or student organization etc.
- Experience in leading projects and/or programs on campus or in prior work positions
- Desire to learn Training/Talent Development/Organization Behavior/Hospitality
- Prior Hospitality experience a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written communication and verbal presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact with all levels within the organization with professionalism and integrity
- Innovative and takes initiative
- Positive, energetic and promotes the company culture and competencies
- Detail oriented, administratively strong
- Ability to effectively participate in cross functional teams
- Knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, CITRIX GoToMeeting (or similar), SurveyGizmo
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Publisher and Outlook.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Analyst, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
- Analyst, Development & Acquisitions
- Category Manager (Indirect)
- Corporate Intern -Training & Talent Development
- Corporate Task Force General Manager (Crossroads Division)
- Director of Sales - Upscale Boutique Hotel
- Executive Assistant
- General Manager - Upscale Extended Stay Hotel
- Purchasing Analyst/Compliance Manager
- Regional Director of Revenue Management
- Senior Analyst, Development & Acquisitions
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.