Posted May 16, 2018 R-142427
*Soon to be managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts*
Interacting with people, making connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day; it’s what you do, and you love it. You’ll have the opportunity to do this and more as an Executive Meeting Manager/Tour Sales for Interstate at the Westin Alexandria.
As an Executive Meeting Manager/Tour Sales, you will
- Understand the competitive landscape and do what it takes to secure business that meets or exceeds revenue expectations and profit goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls, and telemarketing.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future sales.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts, tapping into community organizations and the media to elevate the hotel’s market share awareness and driving further business.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with one to two years’ employment in a related position. Must possess effective verbal and written English communications skills. Advanced knowledge of sales and hospitality principles and practices is expected. This position also requires an ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, VA 22314-5700
Telephone (703) 253-8600
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Affinity/SMERF Sales Manager
- Assistant Director of Finance
- Assistant General Manager
- Association Sales Manager
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager
- Corporate/Group Sales Manager
- Director of Catering and Conference Services
- Director of Finance
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Event Manager
- Executive Meeting Manager/Tour Sales
- General Manager
- Government Sales Manager
- Restaurant General Manager
- Sales Coordinator
The Westin Alexandria
319 Room Hotel
Soon to be managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Situated steps away from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and a short distance from Reagan National Airport and Washington, D.C., our hotel is perfectly positioned to facilitate both leisure and business travel.
Travelers can spend the day immersed in the many things to do in the area, including the quaint shops and boutiques of Old Town Alexandria, historic Mount Vernon and the dynamic dining and entertainment of National Harbor. Anyone can host a gathering for up to 700 guests in our flexible event venues. Guests can find their balance in our WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio or simply unwind in our spacious guest rooms, all of which come equipped with our signature Westin Heavenly® Bed. Whatever brings visitors here, the search for an exceptional hotel in Alexandria ends with a refreshing stay at The Westin Alexandria.