Posted May 16, 2018 R-142429
You love a party! But, even more, you love building one. The more intricate the better. Energized by a fast-pace and myriad moving pieces, you’re at your best deciphering banquet orders, orchestrating teams, and rising to the unforeseen. Creative, with a pulse on what’s emerging, your valuable contributions to theme and package development are trend bending. Guiding with respect and sharing what you know, your trusted, cohesive team delivers without a hitch. Result? Recurring events and a steady flow of new business become the norm. A Director of Catering position with Interstate may be a great opportunity to make an impact and realize your potential.
As Director of Catering, you will
- Oversee and manage all aspects of catering operations. Proven experience and demonstrated knowledge to manage daily operations, ensuring smooth functions, fluid communications between internal staff, fellow departments and external resources. Analyze complex banquet orders to ensure efficient set-up and flawless execution.
- Lead a diverse, motivated team of catering and event professionals. Skillfully manage the team by creating an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Provide strategic input to elevate the guest experience and achieve financial success. Partner closely with Sales and fellow departments, helping achieve revenue and financial goals. Contribute meaningfully to Budget input and management. Keep a pulse on daily revenue and expense, to minimize loss and maximize profit. Create packages, menus and themes, with awareness of competition and trend, elevating guest experience, leveraging function space, and achieving sales and revenue goals.
- Take measures to protect guests, associates, and the asset. Take necessary action to ensure guest comfort, associate safety, and protect ownership interests, by ensuring event space is well equipped and fully functioning.
This position requires at least two years’ post high school education (a four-year college degree is preferred)with four years’ experience in a related position. Advanced knowledge of catering, hospitality, and food and beverage industries is expected. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. The ability to regularly operate business equipment and software is expected. This position requires fast-paced full mobility, with occasional lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, VA 22314-5700
Telephone (703) 253-8600
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Affinity/SMERF Sales Manager
- Assistant Director of Finance
- Assistant General Manager
- Association Sales Manager
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager
- Corporate/Group Sales Manager
- Director of Catering and Conference Services
- Director of Finance
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Event Manager
- Executive Meeting Manager/Tour Sales
- General Manager
- Government Sales Manager
- Restaurant General Manager
- Sales Coordinator
The Westin Alexandria
319 Room Hotel
Soon to be managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Situated steps away from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and a short distance from Reagan National Airport and Washington, D.C., our hotel is perfectly positioned to facilitate both leisure and business travel.
Travelers can spend the day immersed in the many things to do in the area, including the quaint shops and boutiques of Old Town Alexandria, historic Mount Vernon and the dynamic dining and entertainment of National Harbor. Anyone can host a gathering for up to 700 guests in our flexible event venues. Guests can find their balance in our WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio or simply unwind in our spacious guest rooms, all of which come equipped with our signature Westin Heavenly® Bed. Whatever brings visitors here, the search for an exceptional hotel in Alexandria ends with a refreshing stay at The Westin Alexandria.