Posted May 16, 2018 R-142433
*Soon to be managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts*
You are helpful and organized by nature, you have the gift of persuasion and you want to learn everything there is to know about sales. Perfect! As Sales Coordinator, you would be well positioned to learn the ins and outs of sales, while supporting a talented Interstate sales team.
As a Sales Coordinator, you will
- Use your excellent organization skills and helpful nature to keep the sales department running smoothly, enabling the sales team to focus fully on booking business and beating sales goals.
- Be the department’s communications hub, ensuring the flow of messages and info within the department and externally between fellow departments, customers and vendors.
- Help the department stay on track to reach targets by inputting data and maintaining spreadsheets to generate reports. Using your eye for detail and passion for order, maintain meticulous records for later reference and reporting.
- Welcome callers and visitors graciously in a professional manner and handle requests promptly.
A high school degree or equivalent education is required, with a college degree helpful. Clear, effective verbal and written English communication skills are essential. This position requires excellent organization skills and attention to detail. The ability to operate a telephone, computer, and various software is expected, with Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge helpful. A general understanding of sales operations is also helpful.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, VA 22314-5700
Telephone (703) 253-8600
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Affinity/SMERF Sales Manager
- Assistant Director of Finance
- Assistant General Manager
- Association Sales Manager
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager
- Corporate/Group Sales Manager
- Director of Catering and Conference Services
- Director of Finance
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Event Manager
- Executive Meeting Manager/Tour Sales
- General Manager
- Government Sales Manager
- Restaurant General Manager
- Sales Coordinator
The Westin Alexandria
319 Room Hotel
Soon to be managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Situated steps away from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and a short distance from Reagan National Airport and Washington, D.C., our hotel is perfectly positioned to facilitate both leisure and business travel.
Travelers can spend the day immersed in the many things to do in the area, including the quaint shops and boutiques of Old Town Alexandria, historic Mount Vernon and the dynamic dining and entertainment of National Harbor. Anyone can host a gathering for up to 700 guests in our flexible event venues. Guests can find their balance in our WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio or simply unwind in our spacious guest rooms, all of which come equipped with our signature Westin Heavenly® Bed. Whatever brings visitors here, the search for an exceptional hotel in Alexandria ends with a refreshing stay at The Westin Alexandria.