Posted May 16, 2018 R-142436
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is preferred, with a minimum of two-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1001 South Peters Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Telephone (504) 525-0044
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
284 Room Hotel
At A Glance
When guests stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel, they are just one block from the New Orleans Morial Convention Center and in walking distance of French Quarter attractions and restaurants. The Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel is the ideal place to stay for guests who want to discover everything New Orleans has to offer.
Guests seeking out the delights of New Orleans are just a streetcar stop from the Riverwalk and Harrah’s Casino and are at the foot of the famed French Quarter. Business guests will appreciate the complimentary 24-hour Business Center with a vast array of professional amenities. For their meeting or reception needs we offer over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space including the Garden Ballroom—which boasts 2,700 sq. ft. of continuous space plus pre-function foyer. Guests can enjoy dining selections at the Garden Grille & Bar and treats to go from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry®.
- Walking distance to the French Quarter, Harrah’s Casino and CBD
- Situated in the heart of the Arts and Warehouse District
- Centrally located to the Garden District and the West Bank of New Orleans
- Rooftop swimming pool, hot tub and patio
- Over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and complimentary WiFi throughout hotel