Posted May 16, 2018 R-142445
Your foundation in housekeeping is solid. You like the variety and movement the day presents, and you’ve got a knack with people and juggling schedules is a snap. Your trained eye quickly spots things out of order. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Supervisor position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
- Enable an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention, optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
- Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on supplies and expenses, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent experience, with one to two years of employment related experience is required. Working knowledge of housekeeping is expected. Supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires continuous movement and standing, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds and push or pull up to 35 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1001 South Peters Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Telephone (504) 525-0044
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
284 Room Hotel
At A Glance
When guests stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel, they are just one block from the New Orleans Morial Convention Center and in walking distance of French Quarter attractions and restaurants. The Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel is the ideal place to stay for guests who want to discover everything New Orleans has to offer.
Guests seeking out the delights of New Orleans are just a streetcar stop from the Riverwalk and Harrah’s Casino and are at the foot of the famed French Quarter. Business guests will appreciate the complimentary 24-hour Business Center with a vast array of professional amenities. For their meeting or reception needs we offer over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space including the Garden Ballroom—which boasts 2,700 sq. ft. of continuous space plus pre-function foyer. Guests can enjoy dining selections at the Garden Grille & Bar and treats to go from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry®.
- Walking distance to the French Quarter, Harrah’s Casino and CBD
- Situated in the heart of the Arts and Warehouse District
- Centrally located to the Garden District and the West Bank of New Orleans
- Rooftop swimming pool, hot tub and patio
- Over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and complimentary WiFi throughout hotel