Posted May 16, 2018 R-142443
You have a proven record of building operations maintenance. You like monitoring systems and overseeing people so that everything and everyone operates at full capacity. If you’re up to the challenge, Interstate’s Engineering Supervisor position might be just the opportunity for you!
As Engineering Supervisor, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people, and getting things done on time and under budget, ensuring regular preventive action for the protection and comfort of guests, and safety and security of the asset and associates.
- Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of skilled engineers by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Schedule and monitor service requests for optimal guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on purchase requests, expenses and utility consumption, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Help with division administration, ensuring documentation is maintained for smooth operations and liability abatement.
A high school diploma with technical or vocational schooling is preferred. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected. This position requires effective communication skills, a professional manner, the ability to work in a team and make independent decisions. Knowledge of Kemper Insurance Red Tag System and the ability to drive a pick-up truck may also be required. This position requires lifting at least 40 pounds. Must possess a valid City of New Orleans Stationary Engineer Certificate - 2nd or 1st Class AC/Boiler license and be able to add this hotel as the primary property on their certificate or the ability to obtain certification as required with-in 30 days of hire.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1001 South Peters Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Telephone (504) 525-0044
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
284 Room Hotel
At A Glance
When guests stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel, they are just one block from the New Orleans Morial Convention Center and in walking distance of French Quarter attractions and restaurants. The Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel is the ideal place to stay for guests who want to discover everything New Orleans has to offer.
Guests seeking out the delights of New Orleans are just a streetcar stop from the Riverwalk and Harrah’s Casino and are at the foot of the famed French Quarter. Business guests will appreciate the complimentary 24-hour Business Center with a vast array of professional amenities. For their meeting or reception needs we offer over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space including the Garden Ballroom—which boasts 2,700 sq. ft. of continuous space plus pre-function foyer. Guests can enjoy dining selections at the Garden Grille & Bar and treats to go from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry®.
- Walking distance to the French Quarter, Harrah’s Casino and CBD
- Situated in the heart of the Arts and Warehouse District
- Centrally located to the Garden District and the West Bank of New Orleans
- Rooftop swimming pool, hot tub and patio
- Over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and complimentary WiFi throughout hotel