Posted May 16, 2018 R-142453
Everyone enjoys treats: vacationing families, road-weary travelers, and guests seeking a good value. And, you understand the importance of helping guests feel cared for and welcome. You also understand the importance of safety, keeping the buffet gleaming and food fresh. Guests appreciate the service and your attentive helpfulness. When it’s time to break down the buffet and happy guests are gone, you feel good about your contribution. A Comp Food Attendant position with Interstate could be a great opportunity for someone with these skills and qualities.
As Comp Food Attendant, you will
- Set up the buffet table and ensure fresh items are presented throughout the shift.
- Help with serving and attend to guest needs, answering questions and applying suggestive selling techniques when it’s appropriate.
- Break down the buffet, ensuring all parts are clean, polished and stored.
- Perform side work as needed.
A high school education or equivalent is helpful. One-year food service or related experience is also helpful. Effective verbal English communication is needed. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement, and constant, strenuous lifting up to 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
175 Room Hotel
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area is a different kind of hotel designed around the needs of the modern traveler. Situated on the Bay overlooking San Francisco and just across the San Francisco Bay Bridge, between Oakland and Berkeley, our hotel is within minutes of many popular attractions in the Bay Area. At our modern hotel in Emeryville, CA guests will enjoy comfortable rooms, warm service, and all of the essentials they will need to keep their life mobile.
What Guests Love:
- Roomy Rooms and Suites: 175 brand-new, spacious guestrooms and suites equipped with our plush Hyatt Grand Bed™ and free Wi-Fi.
- 24/7 Dining: Each morning, guests can enjoy our free A.M. Kitchen Skillet™, serving hot breakfast items, fresh fruit and beverages, or order off our 24/7 Gallery Menu tasty items, like our signature flatbreads.
- On the Go: The 24/7 Gallery Market offers pre-packaged sandwiches, salads and bottled beverages for moments on the run.
- Sip and Savor: Our Coffee to Cocktails Bar serves Starbucks® specialty coffees & teas, premium beers, wines, and cocktails. Plus, we have a Sip + Savor Menu featuring home-cooked comforts.
- Meetings & Events: Hyatt Place Emeryville boasts 1,440 sq. ft. of meeting space with a large pre-function area, perfect for large to intimate meetings or events.