Interstate Hotels & Resorts
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22202
Vice President, Hotel Technology
Posted July 14, 2019
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide vision and leadership for all aspects of hotel based technology. The VP of Hotel Technology confers with Operations and Finance leadership, project heads and departmental heads to assess and determine strategy to meet specific hotel technology requirements, and oversees the planning and implementation of specific technology initiatives to meet those requirements in a manner consistent with established compliance objectives.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Independently plans and carries out the implementation of projects and operational assignments specific to hotel technology for existing hotels, new builds, and transitions. Oversees projects/programs, defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation in conjunction with strategic IT support partner (M7) to deliver project deliverables, goals and milestones.
- Evaluates information technology requirements for hotels and resorts, keeps abreast of trends/emerging technology, and recommends essential programs. Sets property IT standards and monitor, track, inventory hotel based technology systems.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Corporate/Regional leadership of Operations, Sales/Revenue Management/Marketing/F&B, Hotel Finance to understand and deliver on needs related to hotel technology.
- Engages and manages the relationship with external IT vendors/suppliers related to hotel technology and establish preferred and compliant options for hotel owners where appropriate.
- Engages and manages the relationship with hotel brands and serves on brand advisory committees to assist in setting brand direction and brand standards as it relates to hotel technology.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental heads to understand all necessary aspects and needs of hotel technology.
- Oversees purchasing of technology; Participates in budgeting and planning; Enforce company and departmental policies and procedures ensure compliance.
- Participates in job related training classes, conventions, and seminars as directed.
- In addition to performance of essential functions, position may be called upon for aid concerning project completion, or assisting other IT teams in what may be deemed an “Emergency” situation.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
MBA desirable. Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology related discipline or equivalent Vice President Hotel Technology experience required. 10-15 years of experience in technology with an emphasis on hotel technology, project management and implementation. Experience managing technical staff in a heterogeneous technical environment with supervisory, budgetary, vendor/brand relations and project management experience.
Preferred: CHTP, PMP, ITIL certifications
Skills and Abilities:
- Problem Solving Skill – Identify and define problems; examine relevant information. Able to choose the correct course of action based on operating procedures and analyzing the issue. Able to analyze cause-and-effect relationships accurately. Use experience and comparison in making decisions.
- Communication – Apply effective verbal, nonverbal, and written communication methods to achieve desired results. Demonstrate business vocabulary to communicate effectively. Communicate technical information to non-technical audience.
- Project Management Skill – Identify and plan critical tasks; determine roles and responsibilities of team members; monitor project progress.
- Technology Literacy - Knowledge of organization’s existing technology infrastructure and understanding of the compatibility issues with existing technology. Understand and appropriately apply existing, new, or emerging technology.
- Compliance Literacy – Demonstrate knowledge of compliance requirements (SOX/PCI) and deploy solutions that support company compliance standards.
- Implementation– Manage the installation of new technology/applications.
- Technology Evaluation – Assure that all component technologies continuously meet technical, design, performance, and company specifications.
- Change Management – Help people adapt to changes brought on by new technology and help them see the value and benefits of new technology.
- Negotiating/Contracting – Organize, prepare, monitor, and evaluate work performed by vendors and consultants. Use negotiation and compromising skills. Ability to write request for proposals, analyze and assess vendor proposals, and assist with monitoring compliance to contract specifications.
- Leadership – Lead, influence, and coach others to help them achieve desired growth opportunities.
No. supervised: Four direct reports
Travel required: As necessary based upon project needs. May require International travel.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.