Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown
Posted October 5, 2018
BT Sales Manager
Interacting with people, making connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day; it’s what you do, and you love it. You’ll have the opportunity to do this and more as Sales Manager for Interstate.
As BT Sales Manager, you will
- Solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, direct mail, referrals, networking, internet prospecting, etc) to maximize revenues to meet/exceed goals. Efforts are to be in compliance with established IHR sales process standards and local guidelines. Provides support and direction to other assigned sales team members for same.
- Record, notify and coo-rdinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Create and distribute effective internal and external communication (written and verbal).
- Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market/account trends. Develops plans to improve job performance of assigned team members.
- Organizes and implements strategic sales plan activities. Supervises execution to ensure revenue projections are met of own and assigned team members accounts/markets.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files consistent with established automated or manual sales system.
- Assists in compiling sales forecasts, pricing strategy, collection and reporting of sales data and management of the sales department budget .
- Understand the competitive landscape and do what it takes to secure business that meets or exceeds revenue expectations and profit goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls, and telemarketing.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future sales.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts, tapping into community organizations and the media to elevate the hotel’s market share awareness and driving further business.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with one to two years’ employment in a related position. Must possess effective verbal and written English communications skills. Advanced knowledge of sales and hospitality principles and practices is expected. This position also requires an ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
-Competitive salary plus bonus
-Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
-Holiday and Sick Pay
-50% Orca card
-Discounted Dry Clean
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown
415 Room Hotel
Rising high in the city’s skyline the award winning Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle Downtown Area offers impeccable service accommodations and a location close to such attractions as the cruise terminals Fifth Avenue Theatre and the Space Needle. If guests are visiting on business we are the Place to Meet in Seattle. Our downtown hotel can easily host parties from 10 to 400 and offers the expertise of an extremely talented Crowne Meetings Director. We also have a charming covered patio during the warmer months perfect for weddings or upscale functions. A 24 hour Business Center with print and Internet capabilities allows guests to finish up last minute business details.
The Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle Downtown Area is the ideal choice for leisure travelers. We're just a short walk from Pike Place Market Seattle Art Museum and the Paramount Theatre. Sports fans are pleased that were only a mile from Qwest and Safeco Fields while shoppers love that Nordstrom’s flagship store Westlake Center and Pacific Place shopping malls are nearby. While staying at our Seattle hotels downtown location guests enjoy amenities our restaurant and lounge and a 24 hour Fitness Center while earning points toward their IHG Rewards. The Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program ensures a restful visit and our staff promises to help make our guests' trips stress-free and memorable.