Best Western University Inn
Posted November 11, 2018
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Best Western University Inn
99 Room Hotel
With easy access off of Route 11, this 99 room property is surrounded by a championship golf course and groomed cross country ski trails. An indoor pool, whirlpool, saunas, and state of the art exercise facility compliment the tastefully appointed rooms. With an on-site restaurant, relaxing lounge, business center, and high-speed wireless Internet, it is the perfect destination for those traveling on business or leisure. Our friendly staff, personalized service and meeting spaces make this an ideal location for any special event.
The BEST WESTERN University Inn is conveniently located adjacent to St. Lawrence University and several minutes from Clarkson University and Corning Incorporated. Families will especially enjoy an afternoon exploring nearby St. Lawrence Court House, Eisenhower Locks and St. Lawrence Seaway. Guests can also enjoy a short trip to Lake Placid, 1000 Islands or Ottawa, Canada.
Whether guests are planning a meeting, banquet, conference or wedding, the BEST WESTERN University Inn is here to serve them.