Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Posted December 25, 2018
BASIC PURPOSE: Supporting the SVP of Sales & Marketing with overseeing the planning and management of the overall sales, marketing, brands, eCommerce, catering and revenue management efforts for a region of hotels.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for assisting the DOSMs/SM/GM in a region with short/long term planning and day to day operations of the hotel’s sales & marketing department. Position is also responsible for supporting SVP Sales & Marketing with tactical planning, project assignments and execution of sales, marketing, public relations and e-commerce distribution.
- LEAD REVENUE achievement for Sales , Catering , Revenue management– be ENERGETIC, be PASSIONATE and analytical
- Be an Equal partner with Vice President of Operations – accept the responsibility
- Accountable for the Revenue results of the region and each assigned hotel
- Motivator, counselor, consultant, mentor, recruiter and Sales leader of the region
- Active member of IHR Senior Management – offer suggestions and methods for improving hotel effectiveness. Provide timely and accurate feedback vertically and horizontally
- Recommend new and proven ways to increase and bring revenue into the hotel
- Exhibit and master time management skills
- Evaluate performance and recommend ways for positive change.
- Improve REVPAR INDEX at each hotel
- Live the company values – instill the IHR Sales Culture into teams
- Drive Fundamental Expectations for Sales
- Insure Interstate’s Seven Sales principles are applied by DOSM’s
- Insure revenue management standard reporting is applied and metrics are measured.
- Ensure that the NORTHSTAR incentive plan is implemented and accurately tracked
- Effectively present results to owners and strategies to grow revenues
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience required.
Experience: Five to ten years of employment in a related position with this company or other Hotel organization(s). Must possess a proven track record of success in achieving revenue objectives; proven ability to recruit, motivate and train sales team.
Travel required: Frequent travel required.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22202
Current Job Openings
- Corporate Area Director, Revenue Management
- Corporate Director, Catering (Based in Arlington, VA)
- Corporate National Sales Analyst
- Junior Recruiter
- Senior Accountant- Financial Reporting
- Staff Accountant- Financial Reporting
- Task Force General Manager - Select Service CrossRoads
- Vice President Capital Management
- Vice President of Sales & Marketing - New York City or DC area
- Vice President, Hotel Technology