Posted December 20, 2018
You’ve always been curious about how things work. And when things stop working, you can’t help taking them apart and putting them back together so they DO. Easy breezy.Then, working as a Class I Engineer with Interstate may be just the right place for you to use your technical knowledge and knack for fixing.
As a General Maintenance Tech - Carpenter, you will
- Take regular action to keep guest room and areas fully operable for guest comfort and safety and the work environment safe for fellow associates.
- Use your wits and technical abilities to solve problems and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
- Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Help with grounds upkeep.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with technical or vocational schooling is preferred. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected. This position requires effective communication skills, a professional manner, the ability to work in a team and make independent decisions. Knowledge of Kemper Insurance Red Tag System and the ability to drive a pick-up truck may also be required. This position requires lifting at least 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
93 Room Inn
Where Nature Meets the Sea
Sanibel Inn is the ideal island hideaway offering a relaxing environment immersed in natural beauty. Our spacious accommodations all feature awe-inspiring views of the Gulf of Mexico. Gulf Front rooms immerse guests in their own private paradise with panoramic views of the Gulf. We invite travelers to discover why Sanibel Inn was once again awarded the "Certificate of Excellence" by TripAdvisor.
- 93 guest rooms, suites and two-bedroom condos
- All accommodations with views of the Gulf of Mexico
- 600 feet of private beach front with shells and pristine white sand
- Sports Membership to The Dunes Golf & Tennis ClubIncluded with your reservation
- Live Entertainment & Events with your Social Membership to The Dunes Club, also included with your reservation
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- New poolside restaurant, Island Time Bar & Grill, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails.
- Located 20 minutes off the coast of Fort Myers on Sanibel Island, Florida, and just 45 minutes from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)