Courtyard Monterey Park
Posted January 10, 2019
You LOVE sales; but you’re most passionate about strategically driving peak outcomes and orchestrating talent to make it happen. You have a proven track record of success in sales and you want to grow, taking your career to the next level. Does this resonate with you? Then, Interstate’s Director of Sales & Marketing position may be your next winning lead!
As Director of Sales & Marketing, you will
· Manage all aspects of the sales and marketing division. Provide the strategic vision for maximum hotel sales generation and optimal revenue growth.
· Lead a talented sales team that makes the vision reality. You create an environment energized by the art of the possible, where talented, win-driven professionals are excited to join, learn, exceed their best, and advance. You lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment life-cycle. You have a strong hotel sales background and an obvious passion for the hospitality industry.
· Effectively channel your knowledge of the competitive landscape. Assess the effectiveness of company programs to determine optimum revenues using Interstate system reports and market data, in order to innovate. Enable innovation and drive results. You execute successful sales and marketing campaigns, understand dynamic revenue management and can drive profit to the bottom line through strong financial controls.
· Forge relationships and build rapport. Cultivate, enhance and leverage external and internal relationships to elevate hotel and market share awareness and drive business. Understand their priorities and exceed their expectations.
· Collaborate with Finance to ensure the division’s sales plan is on budget to meet or exceed revenue expectations and profit goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent experience or education is required. Five years experience within hotels sales, with two years minimum as a department head (such as Director, Group Sales) in a full-service hotel environment is also required. Highly developed written and verbal English communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical. Expect local travel, weekly. And, national or international travel is possible four to five times per year.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Courtyard Monterey Park
288 Room Hotel
The Atlantic Gateway Courtyard by Marriott is a six-story, 288-room hotel with ancillary retail space situated on a 2.14-acre site located on the southwest corner of Atlantic Boulevard and Hellman Avenue. The hotel is just off of the San Bernardino Freeway (10 FWY) providing easy access for travelers. The 210,390 square foot project will include two subterranean parking levels containing 351 spaces, along with 14 surface-level spaces providing adequate off-street parking.