Posted January 2, 2019
You’re in this for the love of food. Skilled in food handling, you’re ready to expand what you know about operations. You work well as a team member in a large kitchen. You work equally well as the team lead when needed. You’re trusted and respected because your knowledge is sound and you generously share what you know. You also have a keen sense of budget and know what it takes to deliver an exceptional guest experience without compromise, helping meet financial goals. If you’re ready to deepen your culinary knowledge and advance as a leader, Interstate can provide the environment where you can excel.
As Sous Chef, you will
- Use your culinary expertise to coordinate, plan, and oversee the safe production, preparation and presentation of food for exceptional guest experience and increased flow through. Work with the Executive Chef to improve processes that increase safety and optimize profitability.
- Enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Ensure smooth operations, and food and environmental safety, for the kitchen. Ensure labor and food costs fall within budget and kitchen equipment functions properly for associate safety and increased productivity.
One to two years post high school education or equivalent culinary education, with three to four years experience in a related position. Advanced knowledge of the food profession is required, with an understanding of food and beverage management. A food handling certificate is also required. Experiential knowledge in the management of people is expected. Effective written and verbal English communication is required, with a second language helpful. This position requires full mobility and the ability to regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
308 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Welcome to the Hilton Arlington hotel located in Arlington, TX near AT&T Stadium. Conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth, TX in Arlington's entertainment and business district and just south of DFW Airport, the Hilton Arlington offers the complete hotel experience. Guests can enjoy a professional sports game nearby, take a dip in our indoor and outdoor heated pool, or host an elegant event.
- 2018 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
- Fitness center and heated indoor/outdoor pool
- 11,000 sq. ft. of event space for DFW area meetings and social functions
- On-site dining at R Bar & Grill
- Hotel specials for Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers fans
2401 East Lamar Boulevard
Arlington, TX 76006
Telephone (817) 640-3322