Song of the Sea
Posted March 13, 2019
It’s all about the people for you. You understand that your department is a critical, often first, touch point for guests. Your expert skill and natural ability to foster relationships ensures that your team’s ON it. You’re a wiz at juggling schedules. You know the groups and arrival times to staff efficiently, with operational ease top of mind. Fluid communications and accurate timely reporting keep departmental partners informed, enabling smooth operations and increased profitability. Ready to rise? Interstate’s Front Office Supervisor position may be the perfect opportunity for your talent to shine and your career to elevate.
As Front Office Supervisor, you will
- Oversee the front desk staff to ensure optimal guest experience and smooth front desk operation. Pitching in, you attend to guest needs at the front desk. You know the property layout by heart to ably guide guests and answer questions.
- Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of motivated desk agents by modeling the way, by training, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on workflow, room status and group activity and effectively communicate info for well informed fellow departments, to increase team efficiency and overall productivity.
- Help with security by ensuring cashier reports balance, banks and deposits are verified, and key control is monitored.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with one to two years’ supervisory experience in hospitality or other customer-related position. You must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful. The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. You must also be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and cash register operation knowledge is expected.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Song of the Sea
30 Room Resort
An Enchanting Resort
Nestled along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Song of the Sea is the perfect South Florida romantic getaway. Song of the Sea is both exclusive and charming. Our accommodations offer the convenience of kitchenettes in every guest room. Guests will discover peaceful serenity, combined with enchanting amenities. They will awaken to a continental breakfast-served al fresco on our cozy terrace.
A romantic getaway, surrounded by the best the island has to offer:
- 30 intimate guest rooms, with kitchenettes
- Heated pool and hot tub
- Sports Membership to The Dunes Golf & Tennis Clubincluded with your reservation
- Social Membership to the Dunes offering Events & Live Entertainment is also included.
- Located 20 minutes off the coast of Fort Myers on Sanibel Island, Florida and 45 minutes from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)