Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Posted January 12, 2019
You're energized by matching great talent to great opportunity. You’re welcoming by nature and have a knack for remembering details. You are inquisitive, persuasive and have great intuition. You’re happiest when juggling many tasks and priorities; you love to be busy and drive processes. Hiring Managers and Business Partners rave about your excellent service, dedication , genuine care and knack for finding great talent. Interstate’s Recruiter position may be a great way for you to reach your potential.
The Junior Recruiter will supports the centralized corporate Talent Acquisition function by managing several key processes within the recruiting lifecycle across a high requisition load. The Junior Recruiter will work directly with hiring managers throughout the organization, which will include operations and sales vice presidents, as well as hotel level leadership. Being based in the corporate office, the Junior Recruiter may also interact with higher level company leadership.
The Junior Recruiter will:
Create, post and manage requisitions:
- Create and post job requisitions in Workday system.
- Confirm postings & recruiting contract with hiring managers.
- Manage candidates through the Workday recruiting process.
Screening & interviewing :
- Visually screen candidates for potential fit.
- Phone screen interviews and send applicable candidates to hiring manager for review and interviews.
- Administer assessment and receive and share results with hiring manager (if applicable).
- Receive offer requests from hiring managers.
- Reference check (if requested).
- Create offers from pre-existing templates.
- Work with Sr. Manager on any offer exceptions.
- Send offer letters to candidates and confirm acceptance.
- Use Linked-In Recruiter to perform additional sourcing as necessary.
- Customize job postings.
- Manage Talent Acquisition inbox and triage e-mails as necessary.
- Perform special projects and other ad hoc responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task force, work groups and committees as required.
- Actively work with team to help develop and drive company-wide talent acquisition strategy.
The position requires strong attention to detail, tracking and organizational skills, follow-up and ability to manage a large workload at a fast pace. Individual must demonstrate proactive behaviors, along with effective verbal and written communication skills with all stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a coordinator, assistant, specialist or HR Admin role
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- Custom service experience required, some exposure to interviewing and hiring preferred (whether as a manager or in Human Resources)
- Workday familiarity preferred, but not necessary
- Hotel experience and/or experience in a large, multi-state, multi-unit company with a non-homogenous-workforce preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Interviewing and hiring experience
- Prior hotel, restaurant or retail experience helpful
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact with all levels within the organization with professionalism and integrity
- Positive, energetic and promotes the company culture and competencies
- Detail oriented, administratively strong
- Ability to effectively participate in cross functional teams
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Publisher and Outlook.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22202
Current Job Openings
- Corporate Area Director, Revenue Management
- Corporate Director, Catering (Based in Arlington, VA)
- Corporate National Sales Analyst
- Junior Recruiter
- Senior Accountant- Financial Reporting
- Staff Accountant- Financial Reporting
- Task Force General Manager - Select Service CrossRoads
- Vice President Capital Management
- Vice President of Sales & Marketing - New York City or DC area
- Vice President, Hotel Technology