Interstate Hotels & Resorts Regional Office - Irving, TX
125 E. John Carpenter Freeway, Suite 600
Irving, TX 75062
Corporate Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Posted June 13, 2019
As the Senior Internal Audit Manager, you will spearhead project reviews of financial, operational, and compliance risks and controls across the company portfolio of assets, from planning to final report issuance. Acute attention to detail, strong leadership, and effective communication abilities are expected and represent keys to success in the role and company. Our company is going through tremendous growth and needs an individual who can help maintain and support such growth.
The Senior Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards heavily utilizing the latest in automated auditing techniques and data analytics.
- Develops, inspects, mines, transforms, and models data to identify emerging risks, performance anomalies, potential fraud or unintentional errors within our hotel operations.
- Uses data to raise productivity, improve decision-making, all to better manage current and emerging risk.
- Conducts statistical analysis on data and information to ensure correct predictive forecasting or classification. Maintains analytical systems, verifies the accuracy of the data, and acts as the data owner with business.
- Building efficiencies within existing programs including using data analytic tools to generate usable dashboards.
- Helping refine departmental methodologies and deliverables in accordance with professional standards.
- Participating in detail testing of key financial controls and processes.
- Conducting independent and objective assessments of internal controls, financial results, corporate processes, hotel operations, compliance requirements, etc.
- Managing the delivery of timely audit reports / results and high-quality deliverables.
- Partnering with management to develop corrective action plans in response to all Internal Audit observations and subsequent follow-ups to ensure closure.
- Execute various aspects of assigned Internal Audit projects (i.e., planning, fieldwork / testing, workpaper preparation, draft reporting, etc.).
- Supervising /working withother associates within the finance, HR and compliance teams
- Advising management and process owners on accounting and internal control requirements, best practices, and recommendations.
- Interacting regularly with process owners and senior management.
- Building solid working relationships and collaborating closely with regional Ops Finance Leadership.
- Strong business sense, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and an innate desire to grow professionally are keys to success in this challenging position.
- Prepare draft audit programs, request listings, testing strategies, and other pre-audit planning activities aimed at ensuring an efficient and effective audit.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with management to describe audit objectives, coverage areas, timing, and protocols for concerns/changes/escalations.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree (MBA) in Accounting, Finance, or similar fields
- Minimum of five (6) years of general accounting experience with public accounting experience, preferred.
- Strong data analytic experieice within an audit or data analytics group
- Preferred qualifications: CPA/CIA. MBA
- Excellent understanding of, various data analytic tools and Microsoft office tools
- Understanding of internal control concepts / frameworks (e.g., COSO, COBIT).
- Understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing standards.
- Experience / knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies, including data analysis and process efficiencies.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead meetings.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with superior interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Good problem solving skills and strong work ethic with self-accountability for high-quality results.
- High-energy self-starter capable of completing a diverse workload within strict timelines.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts Regional Office - Irving, TX
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 440 hotels with 79,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the world. Interstate is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a joint venture between Thayer Lodging Group and Jin Jiang Hotels.
Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.