The Charles Hotel
Posted April 25, 2019
BIG things happen on your watch. Details are countless. Stakes are high. You’ve got this. Because skilled experience, a thorough understanding of your hotel, and an innovative approach to problem solving put you in the “zone.” Pairing client vision with property offerings is a breeze. When events are underway, you’re on top of every detail and communication. And when the unforeseen occurs, you respond with swift effectiveness, to elevate the guest experience and achieve financial goals. The Convention Services Manager position with Interstate may be a great way to make an impact and realize your potential.
As Convention Services Manager, you will
- Combine your experience, knowledge of property capabilities, and passion for innovation to elevate the guest experience and optimize property function space and resources. Manage all aspects of event details and related activities, actively listening and effectively responding to client and guest need and associate challenge.
- Exercise your understanding of hotel offerings to plan, masterfully sell, and detail all aspects of event orchestration for optimal guest experience, recurring sales opportunities, and sales goal revenue achievement.
- Keep communication flowing and transparent between client, hotel departments, and external resources, ensuring expectations are clear and services are delivered without flaw ensuring a “wow” guest experience.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with a four-year college degree helpful. A minimum of two years’ experience in a related position is also required. Advanced knowledge of Catering Sales and Food and Beverage industries is expected. Effective verbal and written English communication skills are necessary to be successful in this position. Regular use of a computer, business equipment and software is expected. Fast-paced, full mobility, continuous standing and the ability to occasionally lift, carry, and move up to 30 pounds is required. Limited local travel may be required.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Charles Hotel
295 Room Hotel
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
With unpretentious service, original accommodations and an impressive guest list, it is no wonder that the Boston hotel review in the New England Travel Guide has designated The Charles Hotel Cambridge as the best hotel to "stay put in" when visiting Boston, Massachusetts.
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone (617) 864-1200
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender @ Noir
- Bartender at Henrietta's Table
- Busser - Henrietta's Table
- Catering Sales Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Turndown Attendant
- Laundry Attendant
- Regattabar Manager
- Restaurant Manager - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server at Pronto
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Cashier/Operator/Server
- Sales Manager
- Sous Chef