The Estate Yountville
Posted January 28, 2019
Food & Beverage Manager
Hotel Villagio - The Estate Yountville
- Job Summary
The business of food and beverage is your life. The business of people is your passion. When you combine the three, magic happens. Your sound experience brings the big picture into plain view, communication is a breeze, and sharing what you know, a given. Your mission is to enable clear pathways for the talented, motivated, highly skilled teams of associates to do their thing. Exercising your creativity, to conjure up exciting promotions that elevate guest experience and capture market share, is icing on the cake. You LOVE what you do. Then, a Food and Beverage Manager position with Hotel Villagio may be a great opportunity for you.
As Food and Beverage Manager, you will
- Exercise your experience and relationship building talents to manage all aspects of Bar, Lounge and Room Service operations, ensuring exceptional guest experience, operational efficiency, and financial goal achievement.
- Lead the Beverage Operation for Hotel Villagio, and act as "Maitre d", setting the tone to assure all guests are served in an elegant and professional manner. You are fully engaged with the guest experience, touching tables, making wine and cocktail recommendations, and assuring your associates are doing the same.
- Manage and lead their diverse, talented, and engaged teams. Guide, inspire, transform conflict into effective problem solving, enabling cohesive teams to ensure optimal guest experience and realize business and financial goal achievement.
- Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on financial operations. Overseeing multiple outlets and effectively communicating results for revenue maximization, optimized staff, supply and vendor management/relations, and elevated guest experience.
- Leverage your understanding of trend and channel your creativity to create and manage guest-enticing promotions and presentations, capturing maximum in-house guest and expanded local market share, and elevating guest experience.
- Do your part to maintain a safe guest and work environment and protect the hotel asset.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with two years’ experience in a related position. Advanced knowledge of food and beverage or hospitality industries is expected with applicable Food Safety certifications. Previous Bar Management in a luxury environment is preferred. To be successful in this position, excellent written and verbal English communications skills are essential, with a second language helpful. Regular use of computer, business equipment and software is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lift, carry and move up to 30 pounds on a regular basis.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.
The Estate Yountville
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Current Job Openings
- Accounting Manager OEM
- Banquet Bartender - On Call
- Banquet Chef (OEM)
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Bell Captain
- Breakfast Attendant
- Catering Sales Manager (OEM)
- Cocktail Server
- Conference Services Manager (OEM)
- F&B Manager
- Guest Services Agent
- Lead Bartender
- Lead Steward
- Massage Therapist
- Reservations Agent
- Restaurant Supervisor