The Westin Portland Harborview
157 High Street
Portland, ME 04101
Telephone (207) 775-5411
Posted July 27, 2019
BASIC PURPOSE: Provides guest service in hand and foot care for grooming and relaxation to the guest with strong emphasis on customer service. Knowledge in all aspects of nail care for both feet and hands. Ability to assess possible contraindications of guest that may prevent the service from taking place. Proficient in standard nail services of grooming the nail, polish application, massage and exfoliation. Complying with state sanitation guidelines as well as protocols.
1. Provide nail treatments such as: Manicures and Pedicures to hotel guests and clients
2. Adhere to product and inventory check-out system.
3. Keep Service/Treatment products filled and ready for next service or therapist.
4. Maintain cleanliness of Nail salon (floor swept, tables and pedicure stations clean at all times, trash emptied daily, nail polishes organized.)
5. Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner
6. Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the
proper uniform and nametag while working.
7. Perform treatments to local SOP’s
8. Begin and end services on time
9. Be knowledgable about products and services
10. Promote and sell spa/salon services and retail products
11. Actively listen to guests needs’ in order to meet and/or exceed expectations
12. Ensure Safety and OSHA regulations are followed
13. Report any guest incidents/acccidents to Supervisor/Manager
14. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or hotel management
15. Comply at all times with Interstate Hotels & Resorts standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
16. Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Interstate Hotels & Resorts’ Attendance Policy
17. Escort guests to and from treatment room area.
18. Other duties as required
19. Participate in all hotel and departmental meetings as requested
21. Keep immediate supervisors fully informed of all challenges or matters requiring his/her attention
22. Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
23. Maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
24. Must be effective at listening to,understanding, and clarifying the concernsand issues raised by co-workers and guests.
25. The ability to tell when something is wrong, or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Westin Portland Harborview
289 Room Hotel
The Westin Portland Harborview provides travelers a perfect vantage point to explore Maine's largest city. Originally opened in 1927 as the Eastland Park Hotel, this historic hotel has been immaculately restored. Visitors can take a short walk to discover the Old Port and some of the best restaurants, retail shops, museums and artistic venues in Maine. Guests will leave feeling better than when they arrived when they stay over in our plush rooms and suites. Each of the guest rooms feature a stunning view of downtown, the harbor or Casco Bay. Guests can enjoy a thoroughly satisfying night's sleep in a Westin Heavenly® Bed. They can re-energize in our state-of-the-art Westin WORKOUT® Fitness Studio or relax with a massage, manicure and more at Artné Spa. We offer on-site dining, including the timelessly chic Top of the East rooftop restaurant with panoramic views. Weddings and meetings thrive here with nearly 15,000 square feet of event space and a spectacular grand ballroom.