Posted March 2, 2019
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
308 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Welcome to the Hilton Arlington hotel located in Arlington, TX near AT&T Stadium. Conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth, TX in Arlington's entertainment and business district and just south of DFW Airport, the Hilton Arlington offers the complete hotel experience. Guests can enjoy a professional sports game nearby, take a dip in our indoor and outdoor heated pool, or host an elegant event.
- 2018 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
- Fitness center and heated indoor/outdoor pool
- 11,000 sq. ft. of event space for DFW area meetings and social functions
- On-site dining at R Bar & Grill
- Hotel specials for Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers fans
2401 East Lamar Boulevard
Arlington, TX 76006
Telephone (817) 640-3322