The Estate Yountville
Posted February 18, 2019
Position: Bell Captain
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise the daily operations of the Bell staff; promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
1. Supervise the Bell staff in order to attract, retain and motivate them while providing a safe work environment; schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel staff.
2. Assist and make recommendations to the Front Office Management in the areas of conducting performance evaluations, discipline and terminations as appropriate.
3. Coordinate efforts to include group arrivals and departures, guest transportation and valet parking service while maximizing the guest experience through top quality customer service.
4. Coordinate and supervise the activities and foster good relations with the car rental companies, taxi services, tour and travel companies, limo services, etc. to provide the maximum level of quality service.
5. Provide information and assist staff in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc. to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
6. Greet guests, offer assistance with check-in/check-out, deliver laundry and store luggage.
7. Provide guest transportation as required by hotel SOP’s.
8. Oversee the maintenance program of company vehicles, cleaning schedule, refueling and trip logs.
10. Follow-up on any complaints, problems a guest may experience in a timely and professional fashion to ensure a quality guest experience.
11. Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel’s guests, staff and company assets.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience
Experience: Experience required by position is from three months to one full year of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Requires working knowledge of guest services and hotel/IHR’s services, policies or operations. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Driver’s License as required by state.
No. of employees supervised: Seven to fifteen employees
Travel required: Shuttle guests
Hours Required: 8 hour shifts; scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.
The Estate Yountville
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Current Job Openings
- Accounting Manager OEM
- Banquet Bartender - On Call
- Banquet Houseperson - On Call
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Banquets Houseperson - Full Time
- Bell Captain
- Breakfast Attendant
- Catering Sales Manager (OEM)
- Cocktail Server
- Conference Services Manager (OEM)
- Event Chef OEM
- Executive Sous Chef
- F&B Manager
- Guest Services Agent
- Housekeeping Dispatcher
- Lead Bartender
- Lead Breakfast Attendant
- Lead Spa Concierge
- Lead Steward
- Reservations Agent
- Restaurant Supervisor