Courtyard Grand Junction
Posted March 20, 2019
You’re like the super hero of accounting. You arrive in the night, dive deep into the books, and reveal anything out of place. You leap to the front desk, attending to that travel-weary guest. And with accurate precision before the sun rises, you draw a clear picture using the night’s data for the new day’s action. Who was that? It could be you as Relief Night Auditor for the Courtyard in Grand Junction and Interstate Hotels.
As relief Night Auditor, you will
- Serve as night auditor two nights a week at the Courtyard (Friday & Saturday nights) and two nights a week at the Residence Inn (Sunday & Monday nights). The position can also just be two nights a week at the Courtyard only if preferred.
- Ensure all aspects of hotel accounting for all areas of hotel operations are processed correctly and accurately recorded, protecting the brand and asset against liability and fraud.
- Audit, balance, post and report on front desk, rooms, and all food and beverage outlets’ cash and credit operations and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely function and optimal operations management.
- Provide rooms management with a clear picture of their performance using the data gathered.
- Run the night audit final, after ensuring all revenue is in balance.
- Attend to guest needs at the front desk.
High school education or equivalent experience is required. An Accounting background is preferred but not required. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to compile facts and figures. In addition to general office equipment, you will regularly operate Interstate systems and software, including a cash register. You must be able to communicate effectively and courteously over the telephone and in person. This position may occasionally require lifting luggage up to 50 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Courtyard Grand Junction
136 Room Hotel
Located in the heart of Colorado Wine Country, Courtyard Grand Junction hotel is just ten minutes from downtown Grand Junction and features brand-new rooms and suites. Every room is equipped with free WiFi and a convenient mini-fridge. Guests can sit back and relax on a comfy pullout sofa in front of a flat-screen TV with premium cable. Select rooms even have views of the Rocky Mountains! Unmatched by other Grand Junction hotels, we offer an onsite Bistro serving healthy breakfast items, Starbucks coffee and a delicious dinner menu with full bar. With an interactive GoBoard®, free property-wide WiFi and free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius, business travelers can get work done anywhere. Travelers can enjoy various Grand Junction activities such as the Colorado Wine Fest, the NJCAA Baseball Junior College World Series and Grand Junction Rockies.