Interstate Hotels & Resorts
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22202
Manager, Labor Leadership Program
Posted September 11, 2019
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is currently seeking a well-qualified individual for the position of Labor Leadership Program Manager. The Program Manager, will act as an internal consultant to various departments. The individual will perform labor analysis for all areas of the company, recommending best-way forward. The individual will work extensively with third-part Labor Management System, ensuring that data is accurately maintained and that reporting is accurate and consistent with internal reporting. The individual will effectively manage complicated projects, collaborate with other departments and operate quickly and effectively.
The purpose of the department is to support the initiatives surrounding labor leadership as they pertain to operations within the organization. The position must work well in a matrixed organization, as deliverables are to Operations, Finance and Labor Leadership.
- Evaluate and report out on LMS success factors in a clear and cohesive manner. (10%)
- Serve as subject matter expert for Interstate’s labor management system (LMS). (5%)
- Create professional training materials to support rollout and enhancement initiatives associated with LMS. (15%)
- Conduct both live and webinar format training and consultation for LMS to both one-on-one and large audiences. (20%)
- Maintain LMS database on a regular basis. (25%)
- Onboard new hotels by setting up property-level settings/configuration and communicate offboarding hotels to LMS provider. (10%)
- Respond to trouble-ticketing system for user-initiated help-desk requests. (10%)
- Complete special projects and ad hoc analyses for various departments. (5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)
Complete special projects and ad hoc analysis as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, finance, accounting or real estate required.
Three (3) plus years of experience in hospitality operations.
Experience with any labor management system as a user or administrator.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the lodging and/or real estate industries.
Solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
Advanced Excel skills must include advanced functions, formulas, pivot tables.
Experience in TM1 and or SQL a plus
Strong analytical thought process.
Deductive reasoning skills.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Highly effective research skills.
Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task.
Respectful of deadlines.
Travel required: 5-6 times a year.
Hours Required: 45-55 hours per week.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.