The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone (617) 864-1200
Posted May 3, 2019
You’ve always been curious about how things work. And when things stop working, you can’t help taking them apart and putting them back together. You’re always at the ready and first to respond when something goes wrong.You understand the urgency because guests expect and deserve a safe, comfortable environment and associate safety is critical. You’re alert and action-minded, with the technical skills and know-how to keep operations smoothly running. If this rings true, The Charles Hotel's Class III Engineer position may be the perfect opportunity for you.
As Engineer III, you will
- Be ready and quick with your knowledge and experience to ensure guest safety and comfort, and a safe environment that’s critical to fellow associates.
- Be on top of preventive maintenance to protect every aspect of the property, from hotel rooms and equipment to kitchen and laundry.
- Respond swiftly and effectively to every emergency situation that arises during your shift.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
- This is a full-time position and requires flexibility to work a variety of shifts which may include mornings, evenings or overnight, weekdays and weekends.
- A minimum of 3 years’ HVAC and Refrigeration experience is required for this position.
- A high school diploma with special instruction in building maintenance and construction, having two years building experience in building maintenance or related industry, is required.
- Must have the ability to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment and perform carpentry.
- This position requires carrying a radio while on duty and may require operating a pick-up truck and snow removal equipment.
- You must have effective communication skills and a professional manner.
- This position requires complete mobility and the ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Charles Hotel
295 Room Hotel
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
With unpretentious service, original accommodations and an impressive guest list, it is no wonder that the Boston hotel review in the New England Travel Guide has designated The Charles Hotel Cambridge as the best hotel to "stay put in" when visiting Boston, Massachusetts.