SpringHill Suites Auburn
13535 Bowman Road
Auburn, CA 95603
Posted June 11, 2019
You have a proven record in housekeeping. Your passion for the people on your team and the impact they have on guest care fuels your day. You have a natural way with people and a constructive approach to resolving issues. Your keen attention to detail and knack for juggling ensures a comfortable environment for guests and safety for your productive team. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Manager position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Housekeeping Manager, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
- Empower, inspire and guide a “can-do” team. Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Hire and oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Ensure a comfortable, safe environment. Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention and optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
- Optimize scheduling for fluid, efficient operations. Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on the budget. Actively participate in the budget process and keep a pulse on expenses, including payroll, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Do your part to elevate the guest experience. Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
One to two years of post high school education, with two to three years of employment related experience is required. Thorough knowledge of the housekeeping field and supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
SpringHill Suites Auburn
128 Room All Suite
This is a new build hotel opening in late 2018.