Posted February 11, 2020
1001 South Peters Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Telephone (504) 525-0044
You’re upbeat around people, happiest in continuous motion, and great at juggling tasks. Now, imagine getting paid for doing what comes naturally to you. Sound good?
As Bartender, you will
- Provide exceptional service to guests by promptly welcoming and courteously serving guests in a can-do fashion, engaging in polite conversation when time allows.
- Be fully informed of beverage and menu offerings, in anticipation of guest needs and to deliver highly attentive service.
- Prepare drinks for cocktail service orders and have a passion for mixology. Maintain a safe, clean environment, which includes managing people with discretion and professionalism and occasionally diffusing difficult situations.
- Ensure the bar and its equipment are clean and fully functional.
One year bartending experience is preferred. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. You must be able to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems. You also must be able to operate bar equipment. Awareness of and compliance with all liquor laws, Interstate guidelines, policies and procedures is required. This position requires continuous movement and the ability to lift and carry up to 36 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
286 Room Hotel
At A Glance
When guests stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel, they are just one block from the New Orleans Morial Convention Center and in walking distance of French Quarter attractions and restaurants. The Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center hotel is the ideal place to stay for guests who want to discover everything New Orleans has to offer.
Guests seeking out the delights of New Orleans are just a streetcar stop from the Riverwalk and Harrah’s Casino and are at the foot of the famed French Quarter. Business guests will appreciate the complimentary 24-hour Business Center with a vast array of professional amenities. For their meeting or reception needs we offer over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space including the Garden Ballroom—which boasts 2,700 sq. ft. of continuous space plus pre-function foyer. Guests can enjoy dining selections at the Garden Grille & Bar and treats to go from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry®.
- Walking distance to the French Quarter, Harrah’s Casino and CBD
- Situated in the heart of the Arts and Warehouse District
- Centrally located to the Garden District and the West Bank of New Orleans
- Rooftop swimming pool, hot tub and patio
- Over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and complimentary WiFi throughout hotel