The Charles Hotel
Posted May 18, 2019
You’re in this for the love of food. Skilled in food handling, you’re ready to expand what you know about operations. You work well as a team member in a large kitchen. You work equally well as the team lead when needed. You’re trusted and respected because your knowledge is sound and you generously share what you know. You also have a keen sense of budget and know what it takes to deliver an exceptional guest experience without compromise, helping meet financial goals. If you’re ready to deepen your culinary knowledge and advance as a leader, The Charles Hotel can provide the environment where you can excel.
As Sous Chef, you will
- Use your culinary expertise to coordinate, plan, and oversee the safe production, preparation and presentation of food for exceptional guest experience and increased flow through. Work with the Executive Chef to improve processes that increase safety and optimize profitability.
- Enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Ensure smooth operations, and food and environmental safety, for the kitchen. Ensure labor and food costs fall within budget and kitchen equipment functions properly for associate safety and increased productivity.
One to two years post high school education or equivalent culinary education, with three to four years experience in a related position. Advanced knowledge of the food profession is required, with an understanding of food and beverage management. A food handling certificate is also required. Experiential knowledge in the management of people is expected. Effective written and verbal English communication is required, with a second language helpful. This position requires full mobility and the ability to regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Charles Hotel
295 Room Hotel
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
With unpretentious service, original accommodations and an impressive guest list, it is no wonder that the Boston hotel review in the New England Travel Guide has designated The Charles Hotel Cambridge as the best hotel to "stay put in" when visiting Boston, Massachusetts.
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone (617) 864-1200
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender @ Noir
- Bartender at Henrietta's Table
- Busser - Henrietta's Table
- Catering Sales Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Turndown Attendant
- Laundry Attendant
- Regattabar Manager
- Restaurant Manager - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server at Pronto
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Cashier/Operator/Server
- Sales Manager
- Sous Chef