The Charles Hotel
Posted April 25, 2019
Luxury in the heart of Harvard Square! What an exciting opportunity to join this phenomenal team and continue with the culture of nurturing superior guest service and associate engagement. The team at The Charles Hotel takes great pride in providing a unique and memorable experience for our clients. As the Director of Human Resources you will be an integral part of defining the culture that sets the tone for our world class guests.
We are looking for a dynamic and seasoned HR Director with at least five (5) years of prior Hotel HR experience, preferably at the Director level. We prefer candidates who have Independent, luxury hotel experience. PHR or SPHR is highly desired for this role. Our candidate must also be a true HR Business Partner with the ability to work closely with the GM and Executive Committee on planning and executing overall hotel strategy. Heavy employee relations, coaching and recruiting experience needed for this property. We are also looking for a candidate who is passionate about employee engagement and is committed to ensuring employee satisfaction. Ideal candidate will be hands-on and creative.
If you are a high-energy, business savvy, committed and experienced Director of Human Resources looking to provide leadership and drive results at this unparalleled property, don't wait! We want to hear from you now!
Relating to people with ease is first nature to you. Associates from line level to senior manager seek your counsel because you’re trustworthy, solution-minded, and knowledgeable. You maneuver conflict into problem solving and have a proven record of achieving department and business goals. As Director of Human Resources with Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise your expert knowledge and showcase your talents as a respected team and Executive Committee member
As the Director of Human Resources, you will
• Manage and attend to daily department operations and participate in total management as an Executive Committee member. Skillfully apply your knowledge to protect employees and the brand. And as a respected member of the Executive Committee, you play an integral role in leadership.• Ensure sustained healthy retention. Plan and manage all aspects of talent acquisition. You enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. You model the way, by embracing and championing the culture, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment life-cycle.• Share your knowledge by educating associates and managers. Employ your love of learning to coach, develop, and celebrate recognition. Educate associates on programs, help managers with Employee Relations matters, and create solutions out of conflict.• Partner with management and finance. You will develop and monitor the department’s budget. Keep a pulse on the competitors’ compensation and benefits and employee satisfaction to meet and exceed business goals.
Fundamentals A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus four to five years in a hotel company related position. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasional travel is required.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Charles Hotel
295 Room Hotel
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
With unpretentious service, original accommodations and an impressive guest list, it is no wonder that the Boston hotel review in the New England Travel Guide has designated The Charles Hotel Cambridge as the best hotel to "stay put in" when visiting Boston, Massachusetts.
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone (617) 864-1200
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender @ Noir
- Bartender at Henrietta's Table
- Busser - Henrietta's Table
- Catering Sales Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Turndown Attendant
- Laundry Attendant
- Regattabar Manager
- Restaurant Manager - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server at Pronto
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Cashier/Operator/Server
- Sales Manager
- Sous Chef