Interstate Hotels & Resorts
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22202
Corporate Task Force Director of Hotel Finance
Posted July 1, 2019
The financial story is critical to the success of the enterprise and the Finance Director plays a vital role. A true business partner, you bolster operations with accurate financial info that provides a clear view of the property’s fiscal picture. And by expertly interpreting the data in time for operators to alter course and to illuminate owners and investors, your valuable understanding can make a tangible impact. You’re a natural at motivating teams and making an impact motivates you. As a Corporate Task Force Director of Finance with Interstate, you’ll have ample opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
As a Corporate Task Force Director of Finance, you will
- Supervise and direct all aspects of hotel financial activities. Apply your comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and confidently oversee the entirety of financial operations.
- Communicate financial results to leaders and stakeholders. Interpret financial data and recommend appropriate courses of action. Serve as a financial advising liaison to hotel management and ownership. Manage and promptly communicate cash flow balances, deposits, and any related issues.
- Exercise an analytical approach to problem resolution.
- Monitor and cultivate team interactions. Embrace a growth environment for thriving team performance and development.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a BA or BS degree in accounting is required, with three to five years experience specific to hotel accounting. To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and ownership. You will regularly use a computer and different software.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.