The Charles Hotel
Posted May 8, 2019
For some, traveling and being away is fun; however, many travelers miss being home. Our Housekeeping team makes our hotels feel like home. As a Room Attendant, your contribution helps ensure guests an enjoyable and comfortable stay.
As a Room Attendant at The Charles Hotel, you will
- Clean, dust, polish and vacuum to make sure guest rooms and bathrooms meet hotel standards.
- Change linens, make beds, and leave the bathroom sparkling.
- Restock all guest room supplies, like soap and shampoo.
- Organize your linen closet, restock your cart, and get ready for the next day, before your shift ends each day.
- Greet guests that you encounter during your shift with a friendly smile.
To be successful in this role, you need basic English communication skills. This job requires continuous movement, regularly bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, and moving up to 25-30 pounds. You will also lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally. You must also be able to stand and walk for an entire shift and perform repetitive motions.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Charles Hotel
295 Room Hotel
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
With unpretentious service, original accommodations and an impressive guest list, it is no wonder that the Boston hotel review in the New England Travel Guide has designated The Charles Hotel Cambridge as the best hotel to "stay put in" when visiting Boston, Massachusetts.
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone (617) 864-1200
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender @ Noir
- Bartender at Henrietta's Table
- Busser - Henrietta's Table
- Catering Sales Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Turndown Attendant
- Laundry Attendant
- Regattabar Manager
- Restaurant Manager - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server at Pronto
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Cashier/Operator/Server
- Sales Manager
- Sous Chef