Director of Sales & Marketing
Posted February 4, 2020
1915 Main Street
Saint Helena, CA 94574
Telephone (707) 963-7000
Current Job Openings
Las Alcobas Napa Valley is seeking a dynamic Sales & Marketing Leader who brings strong leadership and revenue-focused hotel experience in the luxury market segment.
A mecca for epicures, oenophiles and lovers of natural beauty, Napa Valley is a treasured destination. Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Napa Valley embodies the many charms of the region, showcasing spectacular accommodations, curated amenities and an unparalleled location in St. Helena, adjacent to Beringer Vineyards. Occupying a Victorian-style farmhouse originally constructed in 1907, our resort is one of Napa Valley's newest and most exciting luxury hotels. Designed by Yabu Pushelberg, guest rooms and suites feature an elegant, minimalist design, replete with custom-crafted furniture, Rivolta linens and over-sized marble bathrooms. Acacia House, our signature restaurant, is helmed by Top Chef Master Chris Cosentino and features award-winning California cuisine served in an enchanting setting. Allow worldly cares to melt away at atrio spa or relax poolside while soaking in captivating vineyard views. At Las Alcobas, every detail has been perfected, with exceptional service to match.
The DOSM will lead, motivate, and support the sales, convention services, catering, and revenue management teams to maximize revenues and margins; maintain positive interdepartmental communications; contribute to the overall direction of the resort and effectively manage all sales and marketing expenses while exceeding overall budgeted revenues and RevPAR goals. Success is initially measured through sales, increased revenues, improved account revenue share and increased customer value and ultimately RevPAR Index premiums.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop, maintain and implement strategies/action plans to generate revenues for the resort
• Motivate productivity of all sales staff through leadership, development and support
• Design and leverage all advertising and public relations opportunities
• Always look for ways to encourage, support and assist the team; setting up the team for success each day to drive the greatest possible results
• Understand and contribute in overall revenue management initiatives and strategies to ensure we are maximizing every revenue opportunity
• Use resources and data to develop strategic plans to sell segments. These plans will incorporate both guest expectations and company goals relative to revenue
• Understand Interstate sales and business processes, support corporate and resort goals
• Develop and execute tactical sales processes that support the resort’s strategic plan
• Organize activities and resources in a manner that maximizes productivity and efficiency
• Monitor achievement objectives and goals for the resort and take appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the strategic plan
• Prepare and manage annual budgets for travel and other business expense
• The ability to successfully lead sales & marketing efforts to increase overall revenue
• Can clearly articulate vision, goals, initiatives and expectations for the resort
• Promote and provide leadership in fostering property sales
• Experience in similar luxury hotel setting required
• Strong understanding of consortia business and strong business relationships with the TA world
• Ability to communicate issues and concerns at all level of the organization
• Ability to direct and lead activities through internal and external resources
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment
• Business planning skills and budget management skills
• Ability to scan and assess the competitive arena as it relates to region and segment to refine / improve customer value proposition
• Creative and strategic skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and re-prioritize when necessary
• Financial analysis skills
• Experience with CI/TY platform a plus
A four-year degree or equivalent experience or education is required. Five years experience within hotels sales, with two years minimum as department head (such as Director, Group Sales) is required, also. Highly developed written and verbal English communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical. Expect local travel, weekly. And, national or international travel is possible four to five times per year.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel
68 Room Hotel
Napa Valley is a mecca for all things food and wine. Encompassing all that Wine Country has to offer on historic land, Las Alcobas, an adults-only retreat, facilitates experiences that incorporate every sense. Downtown St. Helena and the Beringer Winery are within walking distance. Guests will be pampered in the indulgent spa, or they can relax beside the spectacular pool ringed by coveted seating areas and fire pits. A signature Chris Cosentino restaurant features a wraparound veranda and delights palates with innovative cuisine. Numerous function venues include a boardroom, a beautifully appointed event barn, and an event lawn with a show kitchen. Most of our Napa Valley hotel's 68 guest rooms and suites are adjoined by thoughtful outdoor terraces with fireplaces and vineyard views. Designed by Yabu Pushelberg, gracious interiors are appointed with custom furniture, Rivolta linens, and oversized bathrooms.