The Charles Hotel
Posted May 14, 2019
Happiest when busy and lending a hand, you’re always looking for what needs to be done, promptly setting and clearing tables, helping with table service, keeping the dining and public areas tidy. You know your role is important, because you set the stage for the guest experience. And, your contribution makes it possible for wait staff to provide speedy, attentive guest service. Your efforts matter and you’re proud to do your part. Then a Busser position with The Charles Hotel may be a good opportunity for you, because this company recognizes and values qualities like these.
As Busser, you will
- Make sure tables are ready to receive arriving guests. Promptly set clean, empty, tables, clearing items away when guests have finished.
- Do your part to ensure guests thoroughly enjoy their dining experience. Greet guests with a friendly welcome, graciously offering water and bread service. Pay attention if guests need refills or wait staff.
- Pitch in to help servers deliver food trays to the table, restock utensils and linens.
- Tidy dining and public areas, and complete sidework to ready the station for next shift, enabling wait staff to deliver smooth, attentive guest service.
This is a high-energy position that requires full mobility, constant movement in a fast paced environment. Basic English communication skills are needed. This position also requires the ability to regularly lift and carry up to 40 pounds and pushing Queen Marys up to 100 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Charles Hotel
295 Room Hotel
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
With unpretentious service, original accommodations and an impressive guest list, it is no wonder that the Boston hotel review in the New England Travel Guide has designated The Charles Hotel Cambridge as the best hotel to "stay put in" when visiting Boston, Massachusetts.
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone (617) 864-1200
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender @ Noir
- Bartender at Henrietta's Table
- Busser - Henrietta's Table
- Catering Sales Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Turndown Attendant
- Laundry Attendant
- Regattabar Manager
- Restaurant Manager - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server at Pronto
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Cashier/Operator/Server
- Sales Manager
- Sous Chef