Austin Marriott South
Posted May 15, 2019
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Austin Marriott South
211 Room Hotel
Austin Marriott South offers an array of amenities to satisfy business and leisure travelers. With Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to the east and vibrant downtown destinations to the north, it's easy to access everything this city has to offer. After an action-packed day of meetings or sightseeing, guests can unwind in a comfortable room or suite with plush bedding, high-speed internet access and a flat-panel TV with premium cable channels. When hunger strikes, we invite our guests to stop by Limestone Kitchen Restaurant & Bar, open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. Catering to professional and social events, our hotel offers special group rates in addition to 18,626 square feet of versatile space across 16 meeting rooms. Our professional team can help plan memorable weddings, business gatherings and corporate celebrations.