The Charles Hotel
Posted May 16, 2019
You’re like magic. You transform empty spaces into settings; and after the event, you make them disappear. You’re happiest juggling at a fast-pace, with a passion to please that equals the need for getting it right. Your sharp eye for detail quickly spots when something’s amiss and when guests have need. A valued team member who smoothly handles the difficult and unexpected, you “get” that your contribution is vital to the event’s success. If you’re up for a challenging, physical role where your relationship skills can develop and shine, consider The Charles Hotel Banquet Houseperson position.
As Banquet Set-Up, you will
- Set up and break down event space, ensuring set up according to Banquet Event Order, guest needs are attended to, and public spaces are tidied throughout the event.
- Do your part to help the event shine by vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, windows and mirrors in event space and surrounding public areas. Ensure supplies are available according to the Banquet Event Order and equipment is set up and functioning properly. Periodically tidy the space, clearing away dishes, straightening furnishings, and refreshing soiled linen throughout the event.
- Keep track of event supplies, equipment and carefully store furnishings when not in use, promptly reporting repair and maintenance needs.
- Pitch in to help with banquet service and attend to guest needs and special requests with prompt “can-do” courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with three months food service or hospitality experience helpful. Basic math and English written and verbal communication skills is required. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and heavy lifting, up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds frequently (moving furniture, equipment, staging, etc.)
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Charles Hotel
295 Room Hotel
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area's finest restaurants, including The Charles' own Henrietta's Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone's next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
With unpretentious service, original accommodations and an impressive guest list, it is no wonder that the Boston hotel review in the New England Travel Guide has designated The Charles Hotel Cambridge as the best hotel to "stay put in" when visiting Boston, Massachusetts.
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone (617) 864-1200
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender @ Noir
- Bartender at Henrietta's Table
- Busser - Henrietta's Table
- Catering Sales Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Turndown Attendant
- Laundry Attendant
- Regattabar Manager
- Restaurant Manager - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server - Henrietta's Table
- Restaurant Server at Pronto
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Cashier/Operator/Server
- Sales Manager
- Sous Chef