Director of Culinary
Posted November 16, 2019
1840 Highway 93 South
Kalispell, MT 59901
Telephone (406) 756-4500
You will oversee the Breakfast, Catering, and Restaurant BOH. The Chef is known to spend more then 80% of his time cooking, and 20% planning and organizing. Must be able to work all hours and shifts. Large event experience up to 500 for plated dinner preferred. Ideal candidate starts right away. Generous salary and amazing benefits you will not get anywhere else.
You have a proven track record of success in restaurant management and you want to take your career to the next level. You’re as passionate about business as you are about food. Their complexities are well suited for your high energy and commitment to excellence. Elevating the guest experience and achieving maximum flow through are welcome challenges. And your enthusiasm and ease for sharing what you know attracts the talent to make it reality. As Director of Food and Beverage for Interstate, you’ll have many opportunities to apply what you know, strengthen as a leader and make goals reality.
As Director of Food and Beverage you will
- Oversee all aspects of food and beverage operations by exercising demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of food and beverage management, including kitchen, lounge and catering operations, staffing, and budget and forecast management.
- Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire your associates to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success. You have a strong food and beverage management background and an obvious passion for hospitality. Your passion for hospitality service is contagious and you are a natural coach that masterfully builds effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best.
- Enable innovation and drive results. You execute successful food and beverage marketing programs, artfully leverage revenue management within tight margins, driving profit to the bottom line with solid financial controls. Coordinate with the chef on menus and work with sales to create enticements that capture both in-house guests and the local market share, achieving or beating sales goals.
- Keep a pulse on the budget. Develop, recommend and manage the division’s budget, business marketing plan, and forecasts, to meet or exceed management expectations.
- Take measures to protect guests, associates, and the asset. Help oversee food and operational safety to ensure a comfortable environment for guests, that’s safe for associates. Take preventive measures to maximize workplace safety and loss prevention.
A four-year college education or equivalent is helpful, with four to five years of employment in a related position required. Advanced hospitality knowledge in food and beverage is expected. To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and leadership. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and various software. This position may require domestic travel for task force assignments.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell
144 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Nestled in the picturesque Flathead Valley of Montana, our Kalispell, TM hotel is conveniently located between the Crown of the Continent, Glacier National Park (30 miles northeast), and Flathead Lake (10 miles south). Kalispell City Airport is adjacent to our hotel, while Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) is just 10 miles north.
Whether guests are visiting for business or leisure, they'll find everything they need for a wonderful stay. Anyone can host their next meeting or convention in 14,000 sq. ft. of conference and banquet space with catering services. Great facilities such as the indoor swimming pool and complimentary fitness center mean guests will be able to wind down after a busy day working or sightseeing.
- Adjacent to Kalispell City Airport, 10 miles from Glacier Park International Airport (FCA)
- 14,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, 8,500 sq. ft. ballroom for up to 700 people
- Complimentary airport shuttle bus service
- Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern on site