1000 Streamsong Drive
Streamsong, FL 33834
Telephone (863) 428-1000
Posted May 21, 2019
Coordinate, plan, and supervise the production, plating, and presentation of the food at all Banquet events in a cost effective and safe manner to meet and exceed customer expectations and attract future business. Responsible for the daily production of all banquet food. Assists in the creation of the banquet menu and recommends menu changes. Recommends and implements procedural and production changes.
- Supervise the daily production of food for all the catered events.
- Control food and labor costs, ensure preparation, plating, and presentation standards are maintained, the appropriate quantity of food is prepared and safety standards and regulations are followed to provide top quality food.
- Supervise banquet kitchen associates; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, and recommend discipline, as appropriate.
- Analyze Banquet Event Orders, plan, and coordinate the functions with the Catering staff to ensure the events meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Monitor and control the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy and safe work environment which meets and exceeds federal, state, corporate, and franchise standards and regulations.
- Assist in the creation and planning of menus and implement changes to continue to attract business.
Non-Essential Functions: (5%)
- Performs any other duties required or requested by Supervisor
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: One or two years of post-high school education.
Experience: Experience required by position is from two to three full years of full employment in a related position.
Skills and Abilities: Requires thorough knowledge of the catering and food profession in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. Requires knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Requires supervision/management skills. Requires oral and written communication skills.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
216 Room Resort
Welcome to Streamsong, a new kind of resort that takes the everyday ordinary to the absolutely extraordinary. A resort where golf is both a quest for perfection and an art form. A retreat that is the ultimate escape for relaxation, enrichment and rejuvenation. A place where the surrounding ecosystems are as deeply valued as the time our guests spend with us.
Surrounded by nothing but nature as far as the eye can see, Streamsong® offers a golf experience like no other resort in Florida. Renowned architects Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design and Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw of Coore & Crenshaw collaborated to create Streamsong® Blue and Streamsong® Red—considered two of the top 100 golf courses in the US by GOLF Magazine. A lakeside 12-guestroom Clubhouse is complete with a golf shop and the steakhouse-themed restaurant Fifty-Nine®.
The Lodge features 216 guest rooms, spa, fitness center, restaurants, roof-top lounge and lakeside pool. Streamsong additionally offers outdoor adventures such as guided bass fishing, hiking trails, bird watching and a shooting club.