1000 Streamsong Drive
Streamsong, FL 33834
Telephone (863) 428-1000
Posted May 21, 2019
Responsible for entire process of golf retail department including ordering, re-ordering, receiving, pricing, merchandising, stocking, and selling of golf merchandise to customers. Assists Retail Manager with all aspects of the golf shop including inventory control, cleanliness of the golf shop and ensures the merchandise displays are properly stocked and organized. Other duties may involve handling cash and credit transactions, working with sales representatives, interacting with patrons and other associates within the resort, providing information and handling request and complaints with a positive attitude in a friendly, professional manner.
- Be fully knowledgeable of all golf shop merchandise. Sell merchandise and provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs. Assist customers with special merchandise orders.
- Collect money or process credit cards, record sales transactions, and issue receipts for all merchandise sales, greens fees, car/pull cart rental fees, and club rental fees.
- Answer phones, maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures. Take messages for patrons who may be on course.
- Interact with pass-holders, members, and guests in a congenial and professional manner. Assist patrons with information regarding tournaments, special events, club activities, policies, etc.
- Assist in packing and unpacking inventory, arranging, and displaying golf shop inventory. Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensure that the golf shop is maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards. Maintain clean, presentable, and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events. Ensure efficient operation and coordination of golf shop, cart service, and other services as applicable.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs, and driving range facilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school and 2 year college preferred.
Experience: One year experience in golf shop, customer service, or retail sales environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Communication and hospitality skills. Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision. Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
216 Room Resort
Welcome to Streamsong, a new kind of resort that takes the everyday ordinary to the absolutely extraordinary. A resort where golf is both a quest for perfection and an art form. A retreat that is the ultimate escape for relaxation, enrichment and rejuvenation. A place where the surrounding ecosystems are as deeply valued as the time our guests spend with us.
Surrounded by nothing but nature as far as the eye can see, Streamsong® offers a golf experience like no other resort in Florida. Renowned architects Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design and Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw of Coore & Crenshaw collaborated to create Streamsong® Blue and Streamsong® Red—considered two of the top 100 golf courses in the US by GOLF Magazine. A lakeside 12-guestroom Clubhouse is complete with a golf shop and the steakhouse-themed restaurant Fifty-Nine®.
The Lodge features 216 guest rooms, spa, fitness center, restaurants, roof-top lounge and lakeside pool. Streamsong additionally offers outdoor adventures such as guided bass fishing, hiking trails, bird watching and a shooting club.