1000 Streamsong Drive
Streamsong, FL 33834
Telephone (863) 428-1000
Golf Operations Assistant
Posted July 28, 2019
Purpose and Scope:
Coordinate all small golf group reservations, audit and balance tee sheets and room inventory system, handle telephone inquiries and reservations accurately and efficiently by answering the telephones courteously, promptly, and professionally while promoting hotel services and ensuring maximum room revenues.
- Coordinate all resort golf group tee times, room reservations and other services, build rapport with the guest representing the group in order to facilitate excellent customer service .
- Audit golf tee sheets and property PMS system to ensure accurate information.
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously.Enter guest reservations into the computer system quickly and accurately segmenting reservations into the appropriate category while using the hotel's selling strategy and knowledge of all rates, package plans, and hotel services, in order to close out sale and upsell the hotel as appropriate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the sales and front office areas, credit policy, different room types, and hotel services.
- Report rate resistance and all problems to Reservations Supervisor or Director of Revenue.
- Answer letters, send brochures, and information in response to guests' requests.
- Be familiar with duties of Reservations Manager such as forecasting, coding, closing out, and restricting dates.
- Participate in hotel committees and task force opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent. Further education is desirable.
Experience: Previous data entry and telephone experience is helpful.
Skills and Abilities: Must possess telephone communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence potential hotel guests. Ability to operate a computer. Excellent organizational and time management skills
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
216 Room Resort
Welcome to Streamsong, a new kind of resort that takes the everyday ordinary to the absolutely extraordinary. A resort where golf is both a quest for perfection and an art form. A retreat that is the ultimate escape for relaxation, enrichment and rejuvenation. A place where the surrounding ecosystems are as deeply valued as the time our guests spend with us.
Surrounded by nothing but nature as far as the eye can see, Streamsong® offers a golf experience like no other resort in Florida. Renowned architects Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design and Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw of Coore & Crenshaw collaborated to create Streamsong® Blue and Streamsong® Red—considered two of the top 100 golf courses in the US by GOLF Magazine. A lakeside 12-guestroom Clubhouse is complete with a golf shop and the steakhouse-themed restaurant Fifty-Nine®.
The Lodge features 216 guest rooms, spa, fitness center, restaurants, roof-top lounge and lakeside pool. Streamsong additionally offers outdoor adventures such as guided bass fishing, hiking trails, bird watching and a shooting club.