The Westin San Diego
400 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
Telephone (619) 239-4500
Posted July 3, 2019
BASIC PURPOSE: Search for, respond to and handle any security problems, issues, concerns and disaster emergency situations in accordance with all policies, procedures and regulations to ensure the safety & security of the hotel's assets, guests, and employees.
- Patrol all areas of the hotel property including outside parking lots. Note, search for, handle and report
- any unusual circumstances, safety violations, car theft, destruction and/or suspicious or undesirable
- persons and escort off property, if necessary.
- Document a concise security report on a daily log including incidents of theft, accidents and safety
- Complete the necessary security forms to document losses of property or personal injury to guest or employee.
- Maintain familiarity of all hotel disaster and emergency policies, procedures and regulations; respond immediately to emergency alarms or calls for help, determine course of action, notify appropriate authorities and perform first aid and CPR as needed.
- Conduct investigations of security incidents.
- Enforce the `No Solicitation Policy' of the hotel.
- Maintain security of hotel key system; issue and receive keys.
- Escort and witness cash handling as needed.
- Assist in shipping and receiving operations.
Guard Card Security Certification required.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Westin San Diego
436 Room Hotel
Located in the heart of downtown, we're just a short walk or trolley ride away from landmarks like the Convention Center, Little Italy, the Gaslamp Quarter, and the San Diego Zoo-plus many shopping and dining options. Guests can erase travel fatigue and feel their best with a dip in the rooftop pool or a session in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio. After a productive meeting in one of our inspiring meeting spaces, we invite our guests to celebrate with drinks at The Bar or dinner at Coast-our signature restaurant. Our 436 guest rooms and suites are designed to refresh and relax. We designed with clean lines, neutral colors, and modern amenities like HDTVs and High Speed Internet Access. The Heavenly® Bed promises a restful sleep while the Heavenly® Bath revives our guests each morning.