Interstate Hotels & Resorts
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22202
Corporate Taskforce Director of Engineering- Select Service
Posted August 28, 2019
You’re the guardian of the property. You understand the myriad details but have full command of the big picture, from maintenance planning to budget management. You ensure the physical plant is sound, that everything inside operates optimally and the grounds are well kept and safe. You know that guests expect it for their comfort and enjoyment, associates require it for their safety, and stakeholders demand it for the protection of their asset. You generously share what you know and the enthusiasm for what you do draws talent that’s highly skilled and loyal. If this resonates with you, Interstate’s Director of Engineering position may be a great opportunity for you.
As the Director of Engineering, you will
- Oversee and manage all aspects of facilities management to ensure the safety and security of guests and associates and protect the asset for investors and owners. Use your extensive knowledge and talent for team management to ensure operations are smooth and facilities fully functioning for optimal guest experience.
- Lead a skilled team of engineers. Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse, motivated team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on the division’s budget. Use your extensive experience and knowledge to develop and manage the division’s budget and capital expenditure plan. Manage the renovation bidding process and contractor oversight to ensure quality work at minimal cost, consistent with maintaining optimal operations and meeting management expectations.
- Do what it takes to maintain a safe guest and work environment and protect the asset. Develop and direct emergency programs; ensure equipment is well maintained and maintenance contracts are expertly negotiated and valid; and, conduct inspections and drills.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.