Interstate Hotels & Resorts
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22202
Corporate Taskforce Director of Engineering- Select Service
Posted July 4, 2019
BASIC PURPOSE: Manage properties assigned and direct Regional Directors of Engineering in short term and long range planning. Provide direction to property leadership that supports the operation and maintenance of managed buildings, both basic and complex building systems. Oversee high level engineering and maintenance needs. Coordinate CAPEX planning and projects for properties while supervising the CAPEX process of RDOEs. Contribute to renovation plans and timelines. Work with SVPs, VPs and RDOEs on large-scale projects, partner with property managers, corporate executives and vendors. Support the engineering disciplines on all acquisitions, takeovers, and developments. Work with other disciplines to increase productivity and results. Manage task force process, communication and placement.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Oversee and provide direction to the Regional Directors of Engineering and through them, property engineering leadership. In assigned properties, work with the general manager, promote and audit all corporate programs for compliance for assigned properties. Audit properties as required insuring all life safety, mechanical systems, guestroom preventative maintenance programs are in compliance with company requirements and state/local laws. Communicate and train effectively through training, conference calls and webinars.
1. (70%) Conduct property visits, audit maintenance departments, develop plans for improvements. Develop CAPEX plan for each property; act as liaison throughout all CAPEX projects for property leadership and owner representatives. Supervise Preventative Maintenance program
2. (5%) Provide training to RDOEs and field through webinars, conference calls and meetings
3. (10%) Assist in the development of Standard Operating procedures, corporate presentations and field webinars
4. (5%) Meet with vendors, provide product testing, and troubleshoot issues
5. (10%) Present department objectives, plans, successes to corporate executives, hotel leadership groups, owners and asset managers
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: 10+ years in property management
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of property management systems, and project management systems
- Ability to analyze financial statements, CAPEX plans and budgets
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and project documents
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization training seminars and webinars
- Ability to plan and manage multiple priorities and schedules
- Strong negotiation skills working with labor, construction, and material contracts
- Ability to recognize and solve problems in a systematic, inclusive, and complete fashion
- Ability to train, coach and share knowledge to others at both the management and line levels of the organization
- Ability to develop training programs and standards at the property level that can be effectively managed and maintained by the local property management
- Energy Management
- Energy conservation
- Improving energy efficiency
- Building and maintenance automation
- Disaster management
- Fire and life safety systems
- Standards for workplace safety
- Effective training practice and resources
- Capital planning and administration
- Design and construction process and management
“Green” operations practices and strategies
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.