Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
15575 Jimmy Durante Boulevard
Del Mar, CA 92014-1901
Telephone (858) 792-5200
Front Office Supervisor
Posted July 6, 2019
It’s all about the people for you. You understand that your department is a critical, often first, touch point for guests. Your expert skill and natural ability to foster relationships ensures that your team’s ON it. You’re a wiz at juggling schedules. You know the groups and arrival times to staff efficiently, with operational ease top of mind. Fluid communications and accurate timely reporting keep departmental partners informed, enabling smooth operations and increased profitability. Ready to rise? Interstate’s Front Office Supervisor position may be the perfect opportunity for your talent to shine and your career to elevate.
As Front Office Supervisor, you will
- Oversee the front desk staff to ensure optimal guest experience and smooth front desk operation. Pitching in, you attend to guest needs at the front desk. You know the property layout by heart to ably guide guests and answer questions.
- Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of motivated desk agents by modeling the way, by training, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on workflow, room status and group activity and effectively communicate info for well informed fellow departments, to increase team efficiency and overall productivity.
- Help with security by ensuring cashier reports balance, banks and deposits are verified, and key control is monitored.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with one to two years’ supervisory experience in hospitality or other customer-related position. You must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful. The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. You must also be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and cash register operation knowledge is expected.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
257 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar is ideally situated near La Jolla, UCSD and Carmel Valley. Located adjacent to the Del Mar Fairgrounds, Kaaboo, San Diego Fair, and Del Mar Race Track are all within walking distance. Guests can make use of our complimentary transportation within a 5-mile radius to explore beautiful beaches and the charm of downtown Del Mar. Torrey Pines State Park, San Diego Polo Fields and championships golf courses are just minutes away.
Visitors can dine at coastalKITCHEN with outdoor patio and fire pits, and enjoy our resort-style outdoor heated pool with 2 whirlpool spas.
- Within walking distance to Kaaboo Music Festival, San Diego Fair, and thrilling horse races!
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night during Del Mar summer racing season
- coastalKITCHEN happy hour specials and al fresco dining with firepits, now serving brunch on the weekends
- Complimentary wifi access and local transportation (within 5 miles)
- Ideal for sports families, spacious 2 queen rooms with easy access to San Diego Polo Fields