Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport
7520 Teague Road
Hanover, MD 21076
Telephone (443) 577-0077
Complex Human Resources Coordinator
Posted October 9, 2019
You have a welcoming personality and helpful nature. You’re happiest when you’re juggling tasks and crave a variety of challenges. You have a passion for order and a gift for communicating understandably. Your active learning and listening skills are tuned to high volume. And you want to learn everything there is to know about Human Resources in hospitality. The Human Resources Coordinator position with Interstate may be an excellent opportunity to exercise your talents, hone your skills and increase your understanding of the discipline.
As Human Resources Coordinator, you will
- Provide overall support to the human resources department, enabling smooth operations in a fast-paced environment. Use your multi-tasking talents to assist with associate and management needs during the employment lifecycle.
- Employ your excellent people skills to help with the hiring process and Employee Relations matters.
- Help ensure safety and regulatory compliance by maintaining employment and termination records and logs and regulatory tracking. Administer OSHA, workers comp, unemployment claims, ensuring effective communication flow between all parties.
- Effectively communicate important info to associates, including benefits, and assist with orientation. Ensure that associate bulletin boards are current, interesting, and include safety info.
- Actively participate in the associate review process and administer payroll action changes timely and accurately.
- Ensure the office is equipped with the supplies needed to function smoothly.
An Associate or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or related field or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum one-year hotel or Human Resources-related experience required. The ability to operate a computer and a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute is required. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. Occasional travel is required for recruitment.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport
142 Room Hotel
Easy, breezy adventure awaits at Aloft Arundel Mills BWI Airport. Just minutes from BWI Airport and Fort Meade, our convenient location makes it simple to explore Baltimore, D.C., and beyond. Guests can enjoy loft-inspired style, with all the amenities they need to make their stay exceptional. Our guests can mix & mingle at W XYZ® bar, enjoy a healthy snack at Re:fuel by AloftSM or relax in our Re:mixSM lounge. Our guest rooms offer ultra-comfortable signature beds, oversized shower heads, custom Bliss® Spa amenities and more.