The Jung Hotel & Residences
1500 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
Telephone (504) 226-5864
Overnight Security Officer
Posted July 17, 2019
You’ve always been hyper alert to your surroundings, with an uncanny sense when things aren’t right. This sharp awareness enables you to prevent loss, and sound experience enables you to act with swift confidence, when trouble surfaces. Your manner is composed and professional, whether reporting minor incidents or responding to serious emergencies. Someone with this talent and expertise would have a great opportunity as a Security Guard with Interstate. It could be you.
As Security Guard, you will
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the entire property and everyone in it.
- Seek out and respond to security problems, issues, concerns, and emergency situations to protect the assets and ensure the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Respond without hesitation to emergency alarms and calls for help, determine course of action, and notify appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Patrol property areas, including parking lots, noting unusual circumstances or security concerns, and taking appropriate action.
- Complete various security reports and forms for investigation, action and liability abatement, documenting loss or personal injury of guests or associates.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Jung Hotel & Residences
207 Room Hotel
Originally opened in 1908, The Jung hotel expanded in 1925 during the “Jazz Age” with live music offerings and quickly became the most prestigious hotel in New Orleans. Through the years, the hotel’s most famous attribute was its rooftop Tulane Ballroom which played host to numerous Mardi Gras balls, grand cotillions, proms and a 1964 appearance by President Lyndon Johnson.
Today The Jung anchors “Upper Canal Street” and sits at the heart of the area’s resurgence.
As a member of the New Orleans Hotel Collection, a locally-owned company known for breathing new life into historic hotels, the Jung Hotel and Residences is poised for former glory. A 1928 advertisement for the “New Jung Hotel“ is as relevant for the latest incarnation of the Jung hotel as it was then. “There must be more than fineness for comfort and enjoyment. There must be a hospitality of spirit as well as of physical fitness. There must be a lasting welcome that makes itself felt even after our guests have left the hotel. Such are we trying to make the New Jung.”