The Estate Yountville
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Area Director of Revenue Management
Posted July 18, 2019
Every decision you make impacts hotel profitability. And, your passion for moving the needle is infectious. Your straightforward actions convey, “We’re in this together to win,” and inspire and motivate productive exchanges between Sales, Finance and Operations. Tech savvy and analytically minded, navigating multiple distribution channels is effortless. Your inventive approach leveraging what you know is downright magic: determining critical changes in course, charting strategic direction, and negotiating for maximum yield penetration. Financial goal achievement becomes the norm. As Director of Revenue Management and valued business partner with Interstate, you will have the opportunity to do this and more.
As Director of Revenue Management, you will
- Direct and oversee all aspects of revenue management. Exercise your analytical, technical, and innovative powers to develop, recommend, and convey winning sales strategies for maximum revenue and yield penetration. Use your technical expertise to oversee Reservations and Sales Management Systems.
- Provide valuable input into and guidance for the Sales team. Lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching.
- Communicate data and trend findings to Sales, Hotel Operations and Catering. Compile, analyze and interpret data and trends. Effectively communicate to fellow departments, enabling spot-on staffing for exceptional guest experience and optimal flow through. Contribute meaningfully in budget development and management and through the Rate Strategy Committee. Present findings and convey ideas with impactful, concise clarity.
- Recommend and take timely action. Keep a pulse on room inventory and rates to effectively alter course. Negotiate transient, group and catering accounts, ensuring the ideal mix of group, transient and catering contribution for maximum room revenue and optimal flow through.
- Challenge the process. Foster an innovative, collaborative environment and channel your technical expertise to continually rethink existing processes, policies and procedures. Engage fellow departments and stakeholders to effect meaningful change.
A four-year college degree or equivalent is required, with previous experience in Sales, Catering, or Reservations essential. Excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills are required. Expertise of hotel reservation systems, sales and catering management systems, and property management systems is expected. The ability to operate a computer, business equipment and software is also expected. This position requires full mobility, with periods of standing and sitting.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
The Estate Yountville
193 Room Hotel
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.