Interstate Hotels & Resorts
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22202
Corporate Vice President, Hotel Finance
Posted June 19, 2019
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: The Regional VP, Finance is responsible for overseeing the Hotels’ Directors of Finance and ensuring short and long term planning and the daily operations of the Finance department, including developing and recommending the department's budget and objectives and the Hotels Director of Finance manages within those approved plans. Consults and clears with the Regional Vice President of Operations any accounting transactions or control procedures which are not specifically addressed in the IHR Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual or which requires interpretation.
1. For a region of hotels, establish, coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the control of operations. This plan would provide profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, capital requirement/needs, cost standards and the necessary procedures for effecting the plan. (35%)
2. Ensure hotels formulate local accounting policy, coordinate systems and procedures and prepare operating data and special reports as required to compare performance with operating plans and standards and to report and interpret the results of operations to all levels of management and ownership (where applicable) to ensure timely information is provided in order to maximize profits. (5%)
3. Act as a financial consultant; provide information on the financial impact of business decisions for all segments of management responsible for policy or action concerning any phase of the business that relates to attainment of objectives, effectiveness of policies and organization structure and procedures. (25%)
4. Be involved in tax audits and assist in coordinating the responses to governmental. (5%)
5. Ensure hotels compliance with hotel and accounting policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations (including obligations under a management agreement) utilizing internal controls, auditing and security procedures to ensure deviations are brought to the attention of the General Manager and appropriate regional management and to protect the hotel's assets. (5%)
6. Manage the Human Resources for the hotels Directors of Finance and their departments as needed in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems and provide open communication vehicles and discipline and terminate as appropriate. (10%)
8. Has a fiduciary responsibility to IHR and management. (5%)
9. Work with transitional teams for on-boarding and off-boarding of properties ensuring smooth, thorough and accurate hotel transitions (10%)
INTERSTATE HOTELS & RESORTS
JOB TITLE: Regional Vice President of Finance
REPORTS TO: EVP, Finance
1. Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. (5%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A four year college degree (accounting preferred)
Experience: Experience required by position is ten+ years of employment in a related position with
this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities:
Requires advanced knowledge of the accounting, finance and hospitality profession
Requires working knowledge of the major areas and the skill to integrate and communicate that information
Requires professional certification (e.g. CPA) or the equivalent level of experience
Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities or information in order to improve known practices or develop new approaches
Ability to make decisions based on only general policies and procedures
Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals, management and/or hotel guests
No. of employees supervised: Eleven to thirty employees
Travel required: Frequent travel to region’s hotels
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours over a five day period; days and times may vary based on need.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.