1000 Streamsong Drive
Streamsong, FL 33834
Telephone (863) 428-1000
Human Resources Assistant
Posted June 21, 2019
To assist in the overall operation of the Human Resource Department by maintaining accurate employee records. To provide support in the areas of employment, benefit administration, employee relations and training.
- Manage reception duties: greeting associates, troubleshooting concerns and directing to appropriate manager if necessary.
- Maintain personnel files and ensure that filing is done in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist with New Hire Paperwork and Orientation, including overview of benefits and IHR Handbook.
- Ensure completion of appropriate paperwork for new hires, separations, payroll action forms and status changes
- Assist with the Associate Awards & Recognition Programs and with Associate Engagement Events.
- Maintain employee bulletin boards current, post memos, pictures of employee events, safety materials, etc.
- Inventory office supplies on a regular basis, complete purchase orders needed to purchase supplies and maintain needed inventory.
- Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
- Assist in the production of Associate Newsletter.
- Ensure complete compliance of the Immigration Reform and Control Act for all employees.
- Assist with exit interviews.
- Administer Workers Compensation, OSHA, and Unemployment Claims responsibilities for hotel. Keep HRD abreast of claims requiring management attention and assist in the communication with insurance company and medical care provider.
- Assist with Special projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelors Degree in HRM or related field or equivalent education preferred.
Experience: Previous experience in HR or Administrative field required. Minimum one year Hotel or Human Resource related work experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be highly organized, hospitality-oriented, and possess the ability to work well under tight deadlines. Should possess the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate/advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft Office suite; social media skills preferred
- Must have ability to write and communicate in a professional manner, bi-lingual fluency a plus.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
216 Room Resort
Welcome to Streamsong, a new kind of resort that takes the everyday ordinary to the absolutely extraordinary. A resort where golf is both a quest for perfection and an art form. A retreat that is the ultimate escape for relaxation, enrichment and rejuvenation. A place where the surrounding ecosystems are as deeply valued as the time our guests spend with us.
Surrounded by nothing but nature as far as the eye can see, Streamsong® offers a golf experience like no other resort in Florida. Renowned architects Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design and Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw of Coore & Crenshaw collaborated to create Streamsong® Blue and Streamsong® Red—considered two of the top 100 golf courses in the US by GOLF Magazine. A lakeside 12-guestroom Clubhouse is complete with a golf shop and the steakhouse-themed restaurant Fifty-Nine®.
The Lodge features 216 guest rooms, spa, fitness center, restaurants, roof-top lounge and lakeside pool. Streamsong additionally offers outdoor adventures such as guided bass fishing, hiking trails, bird watching and a shooting club.